Anti-Virus suggestion :

candle

Using MSE since 8 years with excellent satisfaction.

Have experienced other antivirus(s) also on different PCs in my office like AVG, AVAST , Norton, Trend Micro; One day or the other, they all showed their inner soul. But hats off to MSE, fully satisfied and trusted.

ms security essential is enough for me. It does not get in my way. Previously had used Avira but switched when it started nagging with popups. You can also have a secondary scanner without realtime.

Just go to safe websites + update applications should be enough. For the paranoid, you can add windows firewall ( I use TinyWall interface), Noscript, remove flash and unneeded plugins, MS EMET for internet facing applications.
And try to use package managers to install applications like portableapps.

Or just switch to linux which is less likely to be target. If someone good wants to hack your pc, you probably cant do much :)

Edit - HostMan or browser extension ublockOrigin are nice too
Hi

You mentioned "TinyWall". I started some tests with it yesterday and interestingly when ever I run CCleaner and run the registry cleaner in it, CCleaner shows me this:

At the moment I have the mode in "TinyWall" turned to "Autolearn".

Still: Why do I always get this "Invalid firewall rule" information? Any idea on this?

TracerBullet

Hi

You mentioned "TinyWall". I started some tests with it yesterday and interestingly when ever I run CCleaner and run the registry cleaner in it, CCleaner shows me this:

At the moment I have the mode in "TinyWall" turned to "Autolearn".

Still: Why do I always get this "Invalid firewall rule" information? Any idea on this?
It seems to create some default rules. CCleaner error is for Windows firewall rules with target exe that does not actually exist. So for ex - netproj.exe from google search seems to be vista-specific. I dont have it in Win7 so i see the error too. So my guess is that TinyWall was not updated since Vista, or they just left the rule as its probably harmless.

It seems to create some default rules. CCleaner error is for Windows firewall rules with target exe that does not actually exist. So for ex - netproj.exe from google search seems to be vista-specific. I dont have it in Win7 so i see the error too. So my guess is that TinyWall was not updated since Vista, or they just left the rule as its probably harmless.
Thanks and as you told in the previous post: If someone good wants to hack your pc, you probably cant do much. (Special Tailored Forces :rolleyes:)

Yep, very true.

Most of us have even a red line behind us which shows what we do in the INTERNET and which link we visited, as each page we visit has some kind of trackers and analytic tools to analyze us. A little help against this is the following: http://www.igorware.com/extensions/block-yourself-from-analytics

and against those guys we not can do much but only using Tor or VPN:

and there good friends :D

@Tukka Trader

We need more information about what you mentioned, as this is a fake tool so far. So kindly post links we can check and links where the company can be checked, as this so far is not possible in any way.

Until then NO MEMBER SHOULD DOWNLOAD ANY OF SUCH NAMED SOFTWARE.

NJ23

Bit Defender. Better than most anti-virus programs. You won't even notice it's running.

NJ23

In the free version, there is no option to white list files i think. So false positives will be annoying.
I have no idea what a white list is. But if it's excluding programs from the "blocked list", you can do that in the free version.