Anti-Virus suggestion :

DSM

Thank you guys for the suggestions and input. Appreciate. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I am hate Avast...Every 2-3 months, my system will corrupt or dead slow...After switching
AVG Internet Security cracked version last 4 years no difficulty to face..Also Add supporting for Malwarebytes when ever necessary and disable. Downloading all craps 24/7 system run fine.,

I have used Avast for 7 years now, works fine. Before that, I used AVG for about 10 years, but changed from version 8 because it appeared to be resource hungry.

Is not using an (active) anti-virus program an option?

All the posters are responsible users... when was the last time you did catch a virus?
But you will need to some sort of protection. I have found the best option is to use DeepFreeze to freeze your C drive, and keep the D drive open for saving your data. No malware, no virus .. nothing. Your C drive returns to its virgin state after every reboot :D

Yes, you have to unlock the C drive from time to time when you want to update your regular softwares like Flash player, Adobe etc.

DeepFreeze to freeze your C drive, and keep the D drive open for saving your data. No malware, no virus .. nothing. Your C drive returns to its virgin state after every reboot :D

Yes, you have to unlock the C drive from time to time when you want to update your regular softwares like Flash player, Adobe etc.
How DeepFreeze C drive?

TracerBullet

ms security essential is enough for me. It does not get in my way. Previously had used Avira but switched when it started nagging with popups. You can also have a secondary scanner without realtime.

Just go to safe websites + update applications should be enough. For the paranoid, you can add windows firewall ( I use TinyWall interface), Noscript, remove flash and unneeded plugins, MS EMET for internet facing applications.
And try to use package managers to install applications like portableapps.

Or just switch to linux which is less likely to be target. If someone good wants to hack your pc, you probably cant do much :)

Edit - HostMan or browser extension ublockOrigin are nice too

Last edited:
This is the list of of AV which according to me is the best when we consider price and quality.

1)MSE
2)ESET
3)Trend Micro
4)Kasperasky
5)Norton

MSE i put it in the first because its a free application for genuine windows

And dont forgot to install a Firewall also. Anti virus cant give you 100% protection

Try Comodo firewall its free

Last edited: