Antakshari of the stockmarket

sh50

I suggested at another post yesterday how we must build the USP of this forum to ensure better quorum or rather participation. One of the suggestions was better games like the one Creditviolet introduced about guessing his age.

I was thinking of what other games would it be possible to introduce. Antakshari happens to be one of the most popular programs on Indian television and it is a popular game when one goes on journeys with friends, cousins etc.

When Bill Clinton came to India, NDTV while profiling him had the famous hindi movie song, Monica, Oh my darling at full blast in the background. That gave me an idea.

We cannot have an Antakshari here in the literal sense but there are some interesting songs that are quite representative of share market situations. I tried uploading the files without success. The old timers should understand. As for the young people, I am not all that computer savvy but in case you want to hear them, we can arrange as you deem fit:-

The best song that represents the genreral irrational and volatile stock market vicissitudes( or day trading):-

Mast baharon ka main Aashiq main jo chahe yaar karoon
Chahe gulo ke saayen se khelu chahe kali se pyaar karoon,
Sara jahaan hai mere liye

The song that is the complete antithesis of the stock market situation(one cannot follow any trend blindly):

"Jo rah chuni tune, us raha pe rahi chalte jana re"

This song that represents a strong bull cycle or a stock that is overbought and stays overbought(strong trend):-

"Musafir hoon yaaron, na ghar hai na thikana, mujhe chalte jaana hai, bas chalte jaana hai"

Ranging market/ Whipsaw

"Main Idhar jaaoon ya udhar jaaoon"

Again an emerging trend that suddenly reverses:-

"Abhi na jaao chod kar, ke dil abhi bhara nahin"

There will be some among us who are bullish with everything in the western world and bearish on Indian culture. This could be a kind of whipsaw for them but one has to be ambidextrous as NDTV has demonstrated.

As for guessing games, one interesting game could be , When we shall have another creditviolet The period of this forum too could be divided into Before credit(BC) and after credit( AC) though like history it could be (AD-After debit instead of ano domini)if people dont participate actively. I dont know why nobody initiated more guessing games(follow the trend) considering that it was so popular

Alexander Elder has stated in his book how some people enjoy programming more than trading and as Kapil Dev keeps telling Sachin Tendulkar( "Enjoy your game. Dont restrict yourself"). The Australians work(play)hard and play(enjoy) hard(well). In any case, today is Friday

One has to have more options if this forum has to have a future .There is more to life than the stock market and one should explore that derivative as well or in J.krishnamurthy's words-explore the interconnection between things.

Last edited:

sh50

I thought of a couple of other ones
FII, FDI, banks, financial institutions-fair weather friends
"Chale ja, chale ja , chale jaaaaaaaaaa, Jahaan pyaar(monetary returns) mile, jahaan pyaar mile"

Budget- I once heard that the finance minister has to do the kind of balancing act which the PM does on forming a cabinet considering India's diversity and vested interests. This one is for that.

"Kisko? Kisko pyaar karoon? Kaise Pyaar karoon, Tu bhi hai, tu bhi hai, Tu bhi hai? " implying whom all he can placate. That was from finance minister to vested interest groups. Now from vested interest groups to finance minister," Tu pyaar(funds) ka saagar hai, teri ek boond(monetary grant) ke pyaase hum". This is particularly so for things like sports which are always on a shoestring budget.

Price/indicator divergence implying price has to follow indicator- "Tum se bichad ke chain kahaan hum paayenge"?

Short term trading- Zindagi ka safar, hai ye kaisa safar "Koi samjha naheen, koi jana naheen." Zindagi ek safar hai suhana, "Yahaan kal kya ho kisne jaana"- focus on the inverted commas for synergy with the stock market short term trading scenario. I would again empahsize for beginners "Koi samjha naheen, koi jaana naheen"

Last edited:
Pharma hua maddham, Bank balance ghatne laga
Sensex yeh haai kyoon uchchalne laga
Main thehra raha, NIFTY chalne lagi
Dhadka yeh Cement, Banking uthane lagi
Oh, kya yeh mera pehla pehla TRADE hai
Traderji, kya yeh mera pehla pehla TRADE hai

Hey sara zamana (sara zamana)
Daulat ka deewana (Daulat ka deewana)
Zamana kahe phir kyon (zamana kahe phir kyon)
Bura hai Trading kerna (bura hai Trading kerna)
Hey sara zamana (hey)

Yeh kaun keh raha hai
Tu aaj Trading kar le
Jo kabhi bhi kathma na ho
Woh ietbaar kar le

Maan le, maan le meri baat (meri baat)
Sara zamana (sara zamana)
Hey sara zamana

Jab Daulat hi nahi to
Duniya mein kya kashish hai
Trading, Trading wahi hai jisme
Jisme Profit ki gunjaish hai

Maan le, maan le meri baat (meri baat)

Daulat ka deewana
Bura hai Trading kerna
Lal la lala la (lal la lala la)
Lala lala la la (lala lala la la)
(Lala lala la la)
(Lala lala la la)
Sara zamana

sh50

Thank goodness someone has replied. There is life in the forum. Good effort, my dear friend-wonderful imagination, fantastic application.You are absolutely right. In the practical world, money makes the world goes around and he who pays the piper calls the tune. I even wrote an article called Is money the god and profession the religion for those who pollute their professions for money.

Wonderful effort this is for you on the daultat ka deewana-

Hum tau, aap ke deewane hai, bade mastaane hai, ha-ha-ho-ho .That occured spontaneously but since your song is from "Yaarana", how about this one from the same movie:-

Chukar mere dil ko, tune kiya kya Ishara,
Badla ye forum, lage saara Traderji pyaarra

Another one specially for you

Tum aa gayeee ho, Nooor aaa gayaa hai, nahin tau , traderji mein jaan( bore) ja rahi thi, rahne(in trdrderji)ki tumse vajah mil gayee hai, badi bevajah Traderji lag rahi thi.

In response to your Nifty and sensex from the song Sheesha ho ya dil ho aakhir, toot jaata hai

Nifty ho ya sensex ho, aakhir gir jaata hai, gir jaata hai,
Top banate banate Rally mein, bottom ho jaata hai , top jaata hai

This is for day traders who do not want to carry their position forward from Mr Bachchans Kasme Vaade

Kal kya hoga kisko pata, lena zindagika lai lo mazaa

Time is very important in day trading and so

"Aane waala pal, Jaane waala hai
Ho sake to isme , sauda kar lo, pal jo ye jaane vala hai"

Again from Mr Bachchans Bombay to Goa for those young people who bankrupt themselves thinking that Sharemarket is a place for easy money. According to the book Tools of the bull, Many people were richer before they invested. So investing too can be dicey:-

Dekha na hai re socha na hai re , rakh di nishaane pe daav
Kadmo me tere(stockmarket) nikle mera dum(bankrupt), hai bus yahi armaan

And after becoming bankrupt/ losing profusely

Koi lauta de mere, beete hue din( and of course money- humor apart there is a serious message)

I think backruptcy being a serious issue, deserves more:-

Ek banjaara aaye, market ke geet sunaaye
paise kaise laganne ko, trading ki raah dikhaaye

This is for short term trading or even general sharemarket situation

" Gol maal hai bhai sab gol maal hai, seedhe raste ki ek tedi hi chaal hai"

Reminds me of another one. This is to FIIs when they withdraw their support :--

"O Jaane wale, ho sake tau laut ke aana"

I think there should be one only on losses since we have this thing that one has to "make the prfofits" run to cover up for frequent losses. I have read that more transactions may be loss prone but when profit comes, you must make hay while the sun shines:-

Samjahuta losso se kar lo, Samjahuta losso se kar lo
stockmarket me loss bhi(hi?) hote hain o o o
Loss zyaada hote rahte hai
Ye Profits phir bhi milte hain o o o

I sometimes wonder about the young people in this forum. I think they should be in the forefront considering the popularity of the TV program, Indian idols. This is for them(recent movies)::-

To explain Gaps in Technical analyis from Veer Zaara:-

Jaanam, dekh lo kaisi majbooriyan, main yahaan, tu vahaan, mai yahaan, tu kahaan

Now from the movie Dhoom. We were very bullish on a share called Hanil era textiles last year:

Dil bara, dil bara.

"Hanil era, Hanil era, aapun ka tu,aapun tera which was not unjustified as it doubled itself over six months.

"Bhai hum to aadhe budhdhe ho gaye" and as Vetran actor Dev Anand says, No matter what one should always remain young at heart. My young days went battling severe career and health problems but what is to stop the youngsters in this forum from responding. Looking forward to contributions from Mr Panjiyar specially. If you or somebody had not responded, then the situation would have been from Raj Kappor' Sangam

"Post post na raha, Vichaar(idea),vichaar na rahaa
Traderji , hamme tera, aitbaar, na raha, aitbaar na rahaa'"

Hope more people join in.

Last edited:

sh50

I don't know what the response is going to be during the weekend but would like to point out that this is not a zero sum game. A zero sum game is one in which one has to lose for the other to win. This is a game where both can win if they apply their imaginations well and we are not having the conventional antakshari in any case. Even if nobody is interested I intend to continue and there are songs the effect which apply to Chidamabaram in case he starts losing support in the 4 th year and former disinvestment minister Arun shourie who had to single handedly defend the disinvestment policies against most in the BJP cabinet"-

"Ruk janna nahin, tu kahin harke, kaanto pe chalke milenge saaye jahaan ke O rahi o rahi"

" Chal chala chal akela chal chala chal fakira chalchlachal-sun ke teri pukar sang chalne ko tere koi hona ho taiyaar, himmat na haar chal chala chal"

If nobody is interested, I can play with myself and further ensure that it is a not a zero sum game.

Traderji

Super Moderator
sh50 said:
I don't know what the response is going to be during the weekend but would like to point out that this is not a zero sum game. A zero sum game is one in which one has to lose for the other to win. This is a game where both can win if they apply their imaginations well and we are not having the conventional antakshari in any case. Even if nobody is interested I intend to continue and there are songs the effect which apply to Chidamabaram in case he starts losing support in the 4 th year and former disinvestment minister Arun shourie who had to single handedly defend the disinvestment policies against most in the BJP cabinet"-

"Ruk janna nahin, tu kahin harke, kaanto pe chalke milenge saaye jahaan ke O rahi o rahi"

" Chal chala chal akela chal chala chal fakira chalchlachal-sun ke teri pukar sang chalne ko tere koi hona ho taiyaar, himmat na haar chal chala chal"

If nobody is interested, I can play with myself and further ensure that it is a not a zero sum game.
Hi sh50,

I sure look forward to reading your post like most of the other members of this forum.

Your comments do make my day when I read them every morning and I am sure you have a large silent fan following here.

Keep them coming!

Papa kehte hain for Software Engineers ....

Being from Software Industry !

Sing with the tune ......

Papa kehte hain for Software Engineers
----------------------------------------------------------
Doston . . . . .
Aaj Delivery ka Aakhri Din hain,
Aur sabhi ne kuch na kuch file check-in kiya hain
Par maine koi file check-in nahin kiya hain
No really I mean it
Aaaj, Aaj mujhe bar bar ek hi khayal aa raha hain
---------------------------------------------------------

The song begins here ........
--------------------------------
PM ( Project Manager ) kehte hain bada kam karega,
TM ( team member ) hamara bada code likhega,
magar yeh to koi na jaane,
ke iska template hain
kahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn ... . . . .

[jazzy music in the manner of TDD being typed]

Baithe hain milke,
Sab reviewer apne,
sabke dilon mein armaan yeh hain [eh he eh]
woh Review mein kal kya bharega,
har ek defect ka Owner kaun hain.....

koi reviewer ka kaam karega,
Defect resolution main koi apna naam bharega,
ke is defect ka owner hain

PM kehte hain bada kam karega, aaaaa aaaaaa

[jazzy music in the manner of Review defects being closed]

Mera to sapna,
Hain Onsite Jana
Jau jo wahan,
Jhume Bahar
tension badhati,
UAT ka mausam,
client ki masti,
OC ka haal....
bandha onsite main 0 defect try karega....
good show mail mein apna naam payega
mujhe bus itna kaho yaaron...
ki mujhe onsite jana hain

PM kehte hain bada kam karega,
TM hamara bada code likhega,
ke mera appraisal hain

[applause and sounds of developers destroying cubicles......]

!!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!!