Answer for Taxation Queries

canikhil

Dear All,

Over past couple of years, especially after demonetization, we have seen an avalanche of amendments in taxation laws, be it regarding how you file returns under 44AD, the tax return forms, cash deposits, reporting requirements (Form 61A) etc.

I would be glad to help you all for any specific queries you have. Please feel free to add your questions to this thread.

Regards

CA Nikhil

kaly422000

my problem is with aadhar linkage with pan. as per new rule if can not be linked with aadhar by 30th june pan card may be invalidated.
i have slight mismatch in name in pan card. part of my surname is displayed as
middle name so can't link pan with aadhar.
again application for pan data update and reprint will take more than one month. so what is the solution.
how to link pan with aadhar immediately.
my name is correctly printed in aadhar so dont want alter.
pls help in this regard

canikhil

1. as per the latest supreme court ruling, your PAN would not be invalidated.

2. If possible, please file your tax return before 30 June.

3. PAN-AADHAAR linking option does provide for partial match. Have you tried that?

travi

my problem is with aadhar linkage with pan. as per new rule if can not be linked with aadhar by 30th june pan card may be invalidated.
i have slight mismatch in name in pan card. part of my surname is displayed as
middle name so can't link pan with aadhar.
again application for pan data update and reprint will take more than one month. so what is the solution.
how to link pan with aadhar immediately.
my name is correctly printed in aadhar so dont want alter.
pls help in this regard
Go to IT website, they have put provisions to help and rectify slight mismatches unless the two names are significantly different.

kaly422000

1. as per the latest supreme court ruling, your PAN would not be invalidated.

2. If possible, please file your tax return before 30 June.

3. PAN-AADHAAR linking option does provide for partial match. Have you tried that?
i tried many option but every time got the messege of name mismatch and instructed to try on pan rectification site of nsdl but i dont have registered mobile no with aadhar . also tried after registering efiling section and logging today but that also saying mismatch.
any way where to find link to add aadhar if partial mismatch without registered mobile no with aadhar.
if i apply for rectification of pan soon, quoting aadhar as document proof offline, sud that method link pan with aadhar. any way thanx for ur help

Last edited:

kaly422000

Go to IT website, they have put provisions to help and rectify slight mismatches unless the two names are significantly different.
my concern is mainly if i can not link aadhar with pan before 30th june sud my pan will be invalidated
actually my surname has a gap. part of my surname is displayed as middlename in pan card and also in income tax website(as point out by one stock broker) but it is ok in aadhar card. so how to procced.
as per example my surname is "DASGUPTA" but printed in pan as DAS GUPTA( SINGLE gap between DAS and GUPTA).
NOW PLS REFER WHERE TO FIND HELP IN IT WEBSITE.
also rectifying of pan will take one month or so.

canikhil

my concern is mainly if i can not link aadhar with pan before 30th june sud my pan will be invalidated
actually my surname has a gap. part of my surname is displayed as middlename in pan card and also in income tax website(as point out by one stock broker) but it is ok in aadhar card. so how to procced.
as per example my surname is "DASGUPTA" but printed in pan as DAS GUPTA( SINGLE gap between DAS and GUPTA).
NOW PLS REFER WHERE TO FIND HELP IN IT WEBSITE.
also rectifying of pan will take one month or so.
could you share the details of PAN and aadhaar, DOB etc over private message. can try once at our end.

Satya.

Hi Nikhil Sir,there is a flaw in my 26AS report.I submitted 15G last year to save TDS.
But there are 2 entries there:
1)Total amount paid=30k
Total tax deducted=0
Total tax deposited=0

But they made another entry of 32k
2)Total amount paid=32k
Total tax deducted=3500rs
Total tax deposited=3500rs

so from above 2 entries in 26AS,Bank gave me total interest=30k+32k=62k

But in real,I got only 32k as interest based on my FD amount.

I visited the branch,Manager said that it cant be reverted now.What should I do now?

If I file a return,I will get a refund,no doubt in it.But I have to show Interest Earned=62k
which I didnt receive.Its a wrong entry.False filling.

Pls suggest.

canikhil

Hi Nikhil Sir,there is a flaw in my 26AS report.I submitted 15G last year to save TDS.
But there are 2 entries there:
1)Total amount paid=30k
Total tax deducted=0
Total tax deposited=0

But they made another entry of 32k
2)Total amount paid=32k
Total tax deducted=3500rs
Total tax deposited=3500rs

so from above 2 entries in 26AS,Bank gave me total interest=30k+32k=62k

But in real,I got only 32k as interest based on my FD amount.

I visited the branch,Manager said that it cant be reverted now.What should I do now?

If I file a return,I will get a refund,no doubt in it.But I have to show Interest Earned=62k
which I didnt receive.Its a wrong entry.False filling.

Pls suggest.

Are you saying that your total interest receipt is just 32K but the bank reported 62k? If that is the case, ask bank to revise their filings.

With regards to your filings, you will show only the actual interest income.The discrepancy is not your problem. Keep complete records of your income ie interest certificate etc with you in case there is any issue later on.

Satya.

Are you saying that your total interest receipt is just 32K but the bank reported 62k? If that is the case, ask bank to revise their filings.

With regards to your filings, you will show only the actual interest income.The discrepancy is not your problem. Keep complete records of your income ie interest certificate etc with you in case there is any issue later on.
Yes Sir.

They made 2 entries like this-

Part A-Details of Tax Deducted at Sources
32000rs------------Tax deducted 3500rs

Part A1-Details of Tax Deducted at Source for 15G-
30000rs-------------Nil

Either you give exemption from tax(15G) or Deduct the Tax(TDS)

so 26AS report wise,Bank gave me 32k+30k=62k Interest

But in their actual interest certificate they gave 28k tax(Int accrual+Int paid)

I talked with the Branch Manager,he said that it cant be reverted now.

My income is below 2.5L and I dont fall in audit case.So should I file a tax showing 62k as Interest and claim for a refund?