Another Bhavcopy Downloader (ABCD)

icytrader

@josh1 @njana Success!

Took me a whole night but I got it.

We now have Added NSE Interest rate futures and Options to ABCD.
thanks to my lack of coding knowledge this took a long time but in the end was worth it. A nice learning exercise. It will be the first time in my life that I did anything with code that turned into a functioning GUI, though none of if was mine.

The addition will fetch and download IRF data and will remove any zero data symbols just like quity F&O. I have relied heavily on the comments in the code as there was no other way to figure out how to do this. For the moment I am happy. have dumped the last 2 months IRF data successfully.

PS:NSE Currency links have changed once again along the lines of IRF. The link is the same format and hence even the csv file formats have changed. That's why ABCD won't download any currency fut/options data. I will change it along the lines of IRF if I get the time today.

There is some hole in the code wrt to AMFI, if you select it for data. it will throw an error.

Thanks for this great utility, I had no idea I could get historical options data from anywhere till yesterday (yes I do live under a rock).

I am attaching the ABCD.Curl file here as a text file.

Attachments

FUTIRC645GS202926-DEC-2019, 20191209, 98.2500, 98.3700, 98.2500, 98.3500, 525, 32249, 32249,
FUTIRC726GS202926-DEC-2019, 20191209, 102.3025, 102.5900, 102.2800, 102.5700, 20987, 133302, 133302,
FUTIRC726GS202930-JAN-2020, 20191209, 102.4000, 102.4000, 102.4000, 102.4000, 1, 51, 51,

This is the first date of IRF Archive 2019 Dec 9th.

So, from the name , I could make out these are Govt Securities (GS) like bonds not sure about the 726 or 645 values, what do they signify? 6Yr Bond or something??

ethan hunt

Hi,

Formatted PC (windows10). Before formatting ABCD was running fine.

After formatting and reinstallation ABCD it asks to install REBOL which fails.

Tried following 2 options.

Option A

1-Downloaded latest zip file from GDRIVE (from link in josh's signature).

Unzipped the file namely ~ End_Of_Day_BhavcopyDownloader-20200916T143307Z-001.zip ~

Got
ABCDCurl.zip
ABCDSetup.exe
README-ABCD.doc

2-Ran ABCDSetup.exe
ABCD folder gets created in C drive.

3-Unzipped ABCDCurl.zip and copied / overwrite the contents to C:\ABCD folder

4-Copied ABCDcurl short cut to Desktop and tried launching the program.

It asks to install REBOL which fails. Choosing Yes or proceed without installing gives same result.

Nothing happens in the end.

Option B

1-Myself created an empy folder C:\ABCD
Unzipped ABCDCurl.zip and copied the contents to C:\ABCD folder

2-Copied ABCDcurl short cut to Desktop and tried launching the program.

It asks to install REBOL which fails. Choosing Yes or proceed without installing gives same result.

What is going wrong ?

Last edited:
"It asks to install REBOL which fails. Choosing Yes or proceed without installing gives same result." <<< Ensure you are running the ABCD shortcut with Admin rights, that's like 101 of ABCD usage.

Hi,

Formatted PC (windows10). Before formatting ABCD was running fine.

After formatting and reinstallation ABCD it asks to install REBOL which fails.

Tried following 2 options.

Option A

1-Downloaded latest zip file from GDRIVE (from link in josh's signature).

Unzipped the file namely ~ End_Of_Day_BhavcopyDownloader-20200916T143307Z-001.zip ~

Got
ABCDCurl.zip
ABCDSetup.exe
README-ABCD.doc

2-Ran ABCDSetup.exe
ABCD folder gets created in C drive.

3-Unzipped ABCDCurl.zip and copied / overwrite the contents to C:\ABCD folder

4-Copied ABCDcurl short cut to Desktop and tried launching the program.

Option B

1-Myself created an empy folder C:\ABCD
Unzipped ABCDCurl.zip and copied the contents to C:\ABCD folder

2-Copied ABCDcurl short cut to Desktop and tried launching the program.

What is going wrong ?
Additionally, the old ABCDcurl zip file is no longer a good option.

Here is the latest version attached ( with IRF enabled using new NSE site )! Enjoy

Attachments