Another Bhavcopy Downloader (ABCD)

Old ABCD.r had a NSE currency derivative zip file deletion error, fixed that too.;)
That is why I said, all modules of ABCD functioning, using the new NSE site.
RIP www1.nseindia.com :happy:

icytrader

I have edited the txt file you shared above. @njana as you can see, it now has the option for Interest rate futures. It extracts etc to the directories as it should (separate IRF directory), but I am getting an error. "badzip".
Am attaching the ABCD txt and log.txt here. Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong. My hunch tells me its the url I have got wrong. I have zip files in the directory but they are all blank inside.

Attachments

icytrader

@njana @josh1 I have partial success:

1) Have added a button for Interest rate futures in the program at the end.
2) IRF contracts successfully download using ABCD into /NSEIRF folder. ( this link was a headache to figure out due to the date syntax. Its same as the currency contracts btu doesn't work, ditto for currency. Check the folder, currency won't download either).

3) Failure: unzipping the file. The files have downloaded and if you open them the data is right there, I don't understand how the string syntax works, so every single time my zip extraction fails giving an error "bad zip".

If this step is done, we will have added another segment to the ABCD utility. If anyone can help me out on this I would appreciate it as it will extend the functionality of the program + I will get to understand by reverse working my way as to how the string syntax works.

PS: For info, IRF contracts are exactly the same as EQ -F&O contracts as in there is a zip file with 2 csv files within. Exact same layout of files but even using that zip command failed. I have no idea due to my limited coding knowledge.

Attachments

Last edited: