Another Bhavcopy Downloader (ABCD)

VJAY

I'll tell you what worked and not worked for me. So that you can try what worked for me if you haven't tried that before.

Those who want short version, follow the first part. Those who are okay with whole story, can read the full post.
  • Download new files.
  • Install ABCD in default location. (Changing location didn't work for me, so didn't want to try that again).
  • Extract ABCDcurl_2019-11-05.zip and copy/paste all the files to ABCD folder.
  • Copy the downloaded ABCDcurl.r and paste/replace in ABCD folder.
  • Now run ABCDcurl shortcut from your desktop.
x ----- x -----x​
I have been using ABCD for years now. Until now I didn't know about ABCDcurl. When Josh asked to change homepage to archive, that specific file was not in my installed folder. So tried editing ABCD.r file, and it didn't work for me. Followed the link in his signature and downloaded ABCDcurl, and tried to install. But clicking curl.exe didn't install anything. After few attempts, I copy/pasted the whole thing in ABCD folder and edited ABCDcurl.r file as suggested, and it didn't work for me.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ABCD and copy/pasted curl folder files. Edited ABCDcurl.r, and it didn't work. Point to note, my new installation and my old installation wasn't in the root drive of C:. Yes, I modified ABCDcurl shortcut and it threw the same error for me too (server made a boo boo).

Again uninstalled. Now Josh have uploaded new folders and files. I downloaded them (ABCDcurl_2019-11-05.zip and ABCDcurl.r). These two were uploaded on 5th Nov. ABCDcurl_2019-11-05.zip doesn't contain updated ABCDcurl.r. So you have to download that and replace it in the folder. And I downloaded ABCDSetup.exe as well.

Those are the five steps (you read earlier in this post) I did and it worked for me. If for anyone still didn't work, probably have to wait for a week or two for Josh to come back from his vacation. Until then download the files manually.

Thanks Josh for helping with the fix.

As you can see in this snapshot, files are downloaded.

Edit: Upload image.
Done these all steps multiple times now ...But still error coming....

1573437333925.png

josh1

VJAY

You need ABCDCurl.r with latest time stamp. I had uploaded picture
Yes I used new abcdcurl.r

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

It's working fine for me guys. I don't know why it's not for some of you guys.

BTW, I am using ABCDcurl shortcut, not ABCD shortcut (I guess you guys know by looking at the app window). ABCD shortcut still showing "server made a boo boo"

I just downloaded 8th Nov data. Here is the snapshot.

THAT IS THE MAIN STEP "NAC"....THANKS NOW ITS WORKING...BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD INDICES DATA..

Last edited:

raindrops

You need ABCDCurl.r with latest time stamp. I had uploaded picture
I have all latest files uploaded by you to mega
Re installed ABCD
Extracted contents of ABCD curl to ABCD folder
Run ABCD or ABCD curl from shortcut

same boo boo
ABCD connects to nse and then gives the error
ABCD curl does not even connect, gives error message straighaway

travi

I have all latest files uploaded by you to mega
Re installed ABCD
Extracted contents of ABCD curl to ABCD folder
Run ABCD or ABCD curl from shortcut

same boo boo
ABCD connects to nse and then gives the error
ABCD curl does not even connect, gives error message straighaway
open a cmd prompt
and type
>where curl

share output here

In my case, there is curl shipped with win10 I guess ( in sytem32 ), so if that's the case then you may have to edit the ABCDcurl.r file and use absolute path instead of the relative one used by Josh bhai

raindrops

open a cmd prompt
and type
>where curl

share output here

In my case, there is curl shipped with win10 I guess ( in sytem32 ), so if that's the case then you may have to edit the ABCDcurl.r file and use absolute path instead of the relative one used by Josh bhai
I was coming to this, whether josh has uploaded 32 or 64 bit and if it makes a difference.

dos prompt gives-- could not find files for the given pattern