Another Bhavcopy Downloader (ABCD)

josh1

Thanks happy bhai, the one attached is older date from snapshot

this one is needed
or the one below it ABCDcurl.r both of 11/5/2019

View attachment 38483

it has latest timestamp.
Correct. That file is separate uploaded.

nac

I'll tell you what worked and not worked for me. So that you can try what worked for me if you haven't tried that before.

Those who want short version, follow the first part. Those who are okay with whole story, can read the full post.
  • Download new files.
  • Install ABCD in default location. (Changing location didn't work for me, so didn't want to try that again).
  • Extract ABCDcurl_2019-11-05.zip and copy/paste all the files to ABCD folder.
  • Copy the downloaded ABCDcurl.r and paste/replace in ABCD folder.
  • Now run ABCDcurl shortcut from your desktop.
x ----- x -----x​
I have been using ABCD for years now. Until now I didn't know about ABCDcurl. When Josh asked to change homepage to archive, that specific file was not in my installed folder. So tried editing ABCD.r file, and it didn't work for me. Followed the link in his signature and downloaded ABCDcurl, and tried to install. But clicking curl.exe didn't install anything. After few attempts, I copy/pasted the whole thing in ABCD folder and edited ABCDcurl.r file as suggested, and it didn't work for me.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ABCD and copy/pasted curl folder files. Edited ABCDcurl.r, and it didn't work. Point to note, my new installation and my old installation wasn't in the root drive of C:. Yes, I modified ABCDcurl shortcut and it threw the same error for me too (server made a boo boo).

Again uninstalled. Now Josh have uploaded new folders and files. I downloaded them (ABCDcurl_2019-11-05.zip and ABCDcurl.r). These two were uploaded on 5th Nov. ABCDcurl_2019-11-05.zip doesn't contain updated ABCDcurl.r. So you have to download that and replace it in the folder. And I downloaded ABCDSetup.exe as well.

Those are the five steps (you read earlier in this post) I did and it worked for me. If for anyone still didn't work, probably have to wait for a week or two for Josh to come back from his vacation. Until then download the files manually.

Thanks Josh for helping with the fix.

As you can see in this snapshot, files are downloaded.

Edit: Upload image.

Last edited:

rocky01

HI,
as i am installing abcd i do receive massage " problem in installing"

what i did is

1) i have downloaded new files

2) than run abcd.exe ,installation finished.

3)after that i run the program and asked for installation than it shows "problem in installing"

after that i tried 3-4 times and changed the way after reinstalling as below :
1) after extraction of .rar file i have finished installing by double click
2) than replaced old files by " ABCDcurl_2019-11-05" and " ABCDcurl.r " files before running program than after replacing i started program but still it shows same .....

once also tried using run without installing but in vain..
KINDLY HELP ME...

rocky01

I'll tell you what worked and not worked for me. So that you can try what worked for me if you haven't tried that before.

Those who want short version, follow the first part. Those who are okay with whole story, can read the full post.
  • Download new files.
  • Install ABCD in default location. (Changing location didn't work for me, so didn't want to try that again).
x ----- x -----x​
I have been using ABCD for years now. Until now I didn't know about ABCDcurl. When Josh asked to change homepage to archive, that specific file was not in my installed folder. So tried editing ABCD.r file, and it didn't work for me. Followed the link in his signature and downloaded ABCDcurl, and tried to install. But clicking curl.exe didn't install anything. After few attempts, I copy/pasted the whole thing in ABCD folder and edited ABCDcurl.r file as suggested, and it didn't work for me.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ABCD and copy/pasted curl folder files. Edited ABCDcurl.r, and it didn't work. Point to note, my new installation and my old installation wasn't in the root drive of C:. Yes, I modified ABCDcurl shortcut and it threw the same error for me too (server made a boo boo).

Again uninstalled. Now Josh have uploaded new folders and files. I downloaded them (ABCDcurl_2019-11-05.zip and ABCDcurl.r). These two were uploaded on 5th Nov. ABCDcurl_2019-11-05.zip doesn't contain updated ABCDcurl.r. So you have to download that and replace it in the folder. And I downloaded ABCDSetup.exe as well.

Those are the five steps (you read earlier in this post) I did and it worked for me. If for anyone still didn't work, probably have to wait for a week or two for Josh to come back from his vacation. Until then download the files manually.

HI,
as i am installing abcd i do receive massage " problem in installing"

what i did is

1) i have downloaded new files

2) than run abcd.exe ,installation finished.

3)after that i run the program and asked for installation than it shows "problem in installing"

after that i tried 3-4 times and changed the way after reinstalling as below :
1) after extraction of .rar file i have finished installing by double click
2) than replaced old files by " ABCDcurl_2019-11-05" and " ABCDcurl.r " files before running program than after replacing i started program but still it shows same .....

once also tried using run without installing but in vain..
KINDLY HELP ME...

rocky01

• Download new files.
x ----- x -----x​

HI,
INSTALLED NOW....BUT SERVER IS BOOO BOOOING..... :(

nac

It's working fine for me guys. I don't know why it's not for some of you guys.

BTW, I am using ABCDcurl shortcut, not ABCD shortcut (I guess you guys know by looking at the app window). ABCD shortcut still showing "server made a boo boo"

I just downloaded 8th Nov data. Here is the snapshot.