Another Bhavcopy Downloader (ABCD)

murthymsr

ABCDCurl is uploaded. It is able to download Mutual Fund NAV from Amfi site. It is able to download all other files. However, I need testing. Those interested may download files in "ABCD" folder in root of any drive. copy the "ABCDCurl.lnk" shortcut file to desktop.
Please note ABCDCurl will work only from "ABCD" folder. Do not put it somewhere else.

For Historical data of MFs, it will create sample file "MF_Numbers" like NSEindices. Users have to create their own file accordingly for funds of their choice.

@murthymsr
Please do testing. Also modify Help file since I am lazy. :)
Thank you, josh, It is working as expected. will revert with issues if any, soon.

murthymsr

For Mutual funds, you may select upto about 5 AMCs from out of about 40 now in business.
An individual investor is unlikely to be interested in that few only.
Each AMC is to be referred by the corresponding AMC code against each.
All the AMC codes are given below for the benefit of MF investors.

Code,AMC Name
3,Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
4,Baroda Mutual Fund
6,DSP Mutual Fund
9,HDFC Mutual Fund
10,Principal Mutual Fund
13,Quant Mutual Fund
16,JM Financial Mutual Fund
17,Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund
18,LIC Mutual Fund
20,ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
21,Reliance Mutual Fund
22,SBI Mutual Fund
25,Tata Mutual Fund
26,Taurus Mutual Fund
27,Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund
28,UTI Mutual Fund
32,Canara Robeco Mutual Fund
33,Sundaram Mutual Fund
35,Sahara Mutual Fund
37,HSBC Mutual Fund
41,Quantum Mutual Fund
42,Invesco Mutual Fund
45,Mirae Asset Mutual Fund
46,BOI AXA Mutual Fund
47,Edelweiss Mutual Fund
48,IDFC Mutual Fund
53,Axis Mutual Fund
54,Essel Mutual Fund
55,Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
56,L&T Mutual Fund
57,IDBI Mutual Fund
58,DHFL Pramerica Mutual Fund
59,BNP Paribas Mutual Fund
61,Union Mutual Fund
62,IIFL Mutual Fund
63,Indiabulls Mutual Fund
64,PPFAS Mutual Fund
67,Shriram Mutual Fund
69,Mahindra Mutual Fund

murthymsr

Very stable performance. I could download the MF Historical data since April 2006 for SIX AMCs ( All the data available at AMFI site) without any hitch. The operation was very smooth. Thanks ABCD, Thanks josh1

rmike

@murthymsr Thanks Bro!!! Fairly helpful!!!

josh1 said:
ABCDCurl will run properly from from ABCD folder only
True!! My comment was aimed at changing target for ABCDCurl to cater for folder's location, if different from the root!

While download of Indices is happening without an issue, the EQ download has started playing hooky (at least for me)!!! ABCD reports the bhavcopy as not being available on the server!!! Nevertheless my own personal utility is able to download the same said bhavcopy (with merged delivery volumes) just fine!!!

murthymsr

The AMFI NAV data imported into FCharts successfully. A long felt need fulfilled. :)
HDFC Top 100 Weekly.png

murthymsr

While the download of NAV data for more than a 12 years could be done, it was not without a mess up. Though ABCD did not pose any problem, the system speed, RAM and internet bandwidth may always pose a problem. I have a suggestion to reduce the pain of first time downloaders.
ABCD may have a Span setting (in number of days, with a default value preset) in addition to FromDate and ToDate. When the From and To dates are far away, the download may be set to a span period only each time till the toDate is reached. Each span may be individually downloaded, processed and saved as separate files. All spans being of same duration, the resultant download file size is also similar and failed segments can be easily be identified for a second attempt. This feature will surely help BSE, NSE downloads also. Each user may choose a Span days setting to match his system and internet bandwidth.

josh1

@murthymsr
Amfi's method of providing data is different from BSE, NSE. Amfi gives entire historical data in single file. BSE, NSE have kept every day files separately. Since, you have provided list of funds in earlier post, I will provide different facility to download historical data.

josh1

@murthymsr Thanks Bro!!! Fairly helpful!!!

True!! My comment was aimed at changing target for ABCDCurl to cater for folder's location, if different from the root!

While download of Indices is happening without an issue, the EQ download has started playing hooky (at least for me)!!! ABCD reports the bhavcopy as not being available on the server!!! Nevertheless my own personal utility is able to download the same said bhavcopy (with merged delivery volumes) just fine!!!
Both apps are downloading EQ file for me. Try ABCDCurl and let me know. If it works, we will stop maintaining ABCD. I don't want to maintain two apps unnecessarily.

josh1

Dear Josh, ABCDcurlworks only for download NSE INDEX,NSEFO ONLY,no MF & NSE EQ

and index only convert metastock format ,NSEFO notconvert,

Happy trading..
You have to copy curl.exe in the same folder as ABCDCurl.r