Annual get-together

sh50

I am a part of Mr Ashwini Gujral's chatroom. We have about 30 members. Recently, we had a party and met and came face to face with each other for the first time. People from outside Delhi were hosted a family each by participants in Delhi. We had such a great time that we are planning another party around Dewali time for those who could not make it.

Traderji being a discussion forum has far too many members but I wish there was some way this could be organized. Maybe we could have a get-togeher at Bombay gymkhanna or someplace like that. Coming face to face with people with whom one has been interacting can be quite an experience. Even bloggers have regular meetings. If Mr Gujral plans his meetings on quarterly or half yearly basis, we can meet at least one annually in Bombay(Traderji bombay based)

I had posted earlier on how people could meet citywise but except for the Bangloreans nobody warmed up to the idea. I am almost as eager to meet some of the members of this forum as I would have been if all them had been from the fairer sex. Jokes apart, the idea merits serious consideration. The more members the forum has, the more difficult the get-together. So better to meet ASAP

Dear SH,
Wonderful idea.....there could be an annual get together, preceded by some city wise ones. Wonder how many on this board are from Delhi?
Jaspal

sh50

Well that makes three Delhiites. I hope more join in. There should be at least 10 members for it to be some kind of get-together. It can be with or without spouce. ( I can dare to say so since she does not participate here). If Traderji can let me know all the members from Delhi, we can invite. People may choose to come or not come. Its their prerogative or discretion. I have been on this forum for a year and a half and a majority of people with whom I have been intereacting( Credit, Jaideep, NKP, Saint,Joy among others) are from outside. I don't even know the people from Delhi. Strange isn't it -"Ghar ki murgi Daal baraabar" but this happens when there is no interaction.

All this apart, sheer curiosity would dictate a meeting. I would love to meet all the above individuals at least once in my lifetime.

As for respected Traderji, it is a travesty of fate that I have not come to Bombay after joining the forum. You are on top of the hit list on my next visit. I wish I at least new who all are there in Bombay just for knowledge sake. I know of only Ivan. We start with the political and commercial capitals of India- lets try and figure out who is from whereall?

sh50 said:
I am a part of Mr Ashwini Gujral's chatroom. We have about 30 members. Recently, we had a party and met and came face to face with each other for the first time. People from outside Delhi were hosted a family each by participants in Delhi. We had such a great time that we are planning another party around Dewali time for those who could not make it.

Traderji being a discussion forum has far too many members but I wish there was some way this could be organized. Maybe we could have a get-togeher at Bombay gymkhanna or someplace like that. Coming face to face with people with whom one has been interacting can be quite an experience. Even bloggers have regular meetings. If Mr Gujral plans his meetings on quarterly or half yearly basis, we can meet at least one annually in Bombay(Traderji bombay based)

I had posted earlier on how people could meet citywise but except for the Bangloreans nobody warmed up to the idea. I am almost as eager to meet some of the members of this forum as I would have been if all them had been from the fairer sex. Jokes apart, the idea merits serious consideration. The more members the forum has, the more difficult the get-together. So better to meet ASAP
Wonderful idea sh50. Looking forward for some gettogether of all Traderji members. I am willing to contribute for such function Traderji. Traderji plz take the initiative. I believe many will join. Are you listening Traderji ? Plz do something for this.

Regards,
nkpanjiyar

sh50

Thats a good idea sirsara. I have seen discussion forum where this happens.

Mr Gujral when he introduces someone always announces which city he is from. I think that must be mentioned below the name of each participant. Thereafter is the participants want to meet, it is theur free will. For instance swingtrader is from hyderabad. If he happens to be coming to Delhi or I happen to be going there, we can try meeting and in case someone does not want to meet, he can always decline politely and make an excuse.

We don't even know where we are from. There would be participants from abroad too. One should at least be aware.

sh50 said:
Thats a good idea sirsara. I have seen discussion forum where this happens.

Mr Gujral when he introduces someone always announces which city he is from. I think that must be mentioned below the name of each participant. Thereafter is the participants want to meet, it is theur free will. For instance swingtrader is from hyderabad. If he happens to be coming to Delhi or I happen to be going there, we can try meeting and in case someone does not want to meet, he can always decline politely and make an excuse.

We don't even know where we are from. There would be participants from abroad too. One should at least be aware.
I am staying out of country. Yeah, we can request Traderji to incude a small thumbnail (to show photos?).

I am basically from hyderabad. Hey, good to know that SwingTrader is from Hyderabad.

I am making a short trip to hyderabad( 9days). SwingTrader, leave your mobile number and name also or drop in a mail at [email protected].

I will not promise that i will meet you, but atleast try to talk to you on phone.

Satya.

vince

sh50 said:
Well that makes three Delhiites. I hope more join in. There should be at least 10 members for it to be some kind of get-together. It can be with or without spouce. ( I can dare to say so since she does not participate here). If Traderji can let me know all the members from Delhi, we can invite. People may choose to come or not come. Its their prerogative or discretion. I have been on this forum for a year and a half and a majority of people with whom I have been intereacting( Credit, Jaideep, NKP, Saint,Joy among others) are from outside. I don't even know the people from Delhi. Strange isn't it -"Ghar ki murgi Daal baraabar" but this happens when there is no interaction.

All this apart, sheer curiosity would dictate a meeting. I would love to meet all the above individuals at least once in my lifetime.

As for respected Traderji, it is a travesty of fate that I have not come to Bombay after joining the forum. You are on top of the hit list on my next visit. I wish I at least new who all are there in Bombay just for knowledge sake. I know of only Ivan. We start with the political and commercial capitals of India- lets try and figure out who is from whereall?

Well, I am from mumbai SH.
I am all for any such convention if held in Mumbai. It would be nice to know any other Mumbaikars on board.