Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, the Bhusans, IAC, the new political party & your views

TheDreamer

If you are staying in India & have TV at home, the only thing you will find these days while watching it is the topic I have mentioned. I would like to know the opinions of the fellow TJ members on this.

TheDreamer

Re: Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, the Bhusans, IAC, the new political party & your vi

I admire the guts and courage of these guys. They understand that the real scourge of the country is corruption. All your reforms becomes invalid in face of corruption.
Although, I hope that they would show better economic sense than Mamta banerjee, if ever they really come in power.
Is 'corruption' a new word/ phenomenon in India, or for that matter, the whole world? China has maintained that 'corruption' is the biggest internal threat for the country. The IAC movement is being perceived more as a 'Hate Movement' or Anti-Congress/ Anti-Government movement rather than a constructive sociopolitical movement...

Rish

Re: Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, the Bhusans, IAC, the new political party & your vi

Corruption is not new to India. All parties are corrupted, moreover, due to Liberlisation of Economy in 1992, the inflow to India is very high, so quantum of corruption money wise looking very high, if you see in percentage wise it may remain intact from the beginning.

All political (irrespective of parties) rouges should be thrown out of the democratic system.

Corruption can't be eliminated, may be reduced.

Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, the Bhusans, IAC, the new political party - this is going to be a comedy serial, they want everything should be changed immediately, which is not possible as per law of nature.

Moreover, they are not united / they expect everybody should listen what they say / no discipline and decorum, they will fail to achieve there goal.

Anyway atleast we will try to be a non-corrupted Indian to start with.

Nirahjan

Anillal

It is not that I have anything particularly against or in favour of the nehru gandhi family or BJP. Because I am afraid both parties leadership is too dumb, too lazy, too narrow thinking, too corrupt to solve 21st century young india's problems therefore it is high time that we should try some fresh approach to the solve them. And only way to fix this problem for good is not by NGOs or fasting at jantar mantar but by denying both of the mainstream parties majority in parliament and bring in intlligent and saavy fresh faces like Mr kejriwal or Prashant Bhushan to political offices instead. Sadly Mr Hazaare fails to see this reality because of his rigid prejudice for politics.

Sunny1

I doubt Anna and Kejriwal and his team are not corrupt.
joining with Ramdev ....my doubt cleared ...
They are corrupt .....

They are doing just a brain wash ...with paid news

Corruption is not new to India. Our ancient scripts talk of Saam, Daam, Dand and Bhedh.....and Daam is nothing but bribing a person. It is not that corruption is only in India. In all countries it is there.

But these days our social system has become so hopeless that for everything we have to bribe.Nothing gets done without bribes in Govt Departments. The bribes earlier used to be taken under the table...now they are taken openly, high demands made, negotiations done etc. Our social system is based on who has how much money, expensive cars, ( locker balance and outside account balance) . The corruption was earlier looked down upon but now it is a matter of social prestige. When the corruption is limited to high end Govt purchases the common man is not affected but these days a common man has to pay for every small thing which he has a right for. The corruption is so widespread now that is is becoming a social evil day by day....look at the crowd buying jewellary at the leading jewellary shops in any city. If we think that all these people are buying with their money earned legitimately after paying taxes and withdrawn from their declared bank accounts, then we are behind our times.

I am very happy that in the form of IAC , there is some platform which is bringing these corruption cases to public sight. They are fighting a battle against people who have money and power...but there is some ray of hope. Look at the political scandles which came out due to journalism and judiciary else who would have dared to challenge the mighty politicians .We as Indians cannot take a helpless attitude against corruption.

The biggest cause for fiscal deficit is excessive Govt expenditure, corruption at every level, populist measures like food subsidy which anyway will never reach to real poor.....

The movement against corruption is a good movement.......my full support to it. But it is going to be a long and difficult battle.

Smart_trade

SexyTrader

In my opinion, the best way to control the Corruption beast in INDIA....bring all financial transactions under the ambit of technology :thumb: as in When you are using your card to buy bread/butter/jam as well....everything leaves a trail....and once you stop cash transactions totally, Corruption becomes increasingly difficult to operate!

That's convenient as well :thumb: All electronic and no manual exchange :cool:

VJAY

Corruption is not new to India. Our ancient scripts talk of Saam, Daam, Dand and Bhedh.....and Daam is nothing but bribing a person. It is not that corruption is only in India. In all countries it is there.

But these days our social system has become so hopeless that for everything we have to bribe.Nothing gets done without bribes in Govt Departments. The bribes earlier used to be taken under the table...now they are taken openly, high demands made, negotiations done etc. Our social system is based on who has how much money, expensive cars, ( locker balance and outside account balance) . The corruption was earlier looked down upon but now it is a matter of social prestige. When the corruption is limited to high end Govt purchases the common man is not affected but these days a common man has to pay for every small thing which he has a right for. The corruption is so widespread now that is is becoming a social evil day by day....look at the crowd buying jewellary at the leading jewellary shops in any city. If we think that all these people are buying with their money earned legitimately after paying taxes and withdrawn from their declared bank accounts, then we are behind our times.

I am very happy that in the form of IAC , there is some platform which is bringing these corruption cases to public sight. They are fighting a battle against people who have money and power...but there is some ray of hope. Look at the political scandles which came out due to journalism and judiciary else who would have dared to challenge the mighty politicians .We as Indians cannot take a helpless attitude against corruption.

The biggest cause for fiscal deficit is excessive Govt expenditure, corruption at every level, populist measures like food subsidy which anyway will never reach to real poor.....

The movement against corruption is a good movement.......my full support to it. But it is going to be a long and difficult battle.

Smart_trade
Nice views ST da same like your posts for trading :)
Me too support these type of movements.....yes some ray of hope there...though difficult roads ahead...

TheDreamer

The facts that Kejriwal & co. have fed to the media were already there in the print media & raised in the parliament by the opposition party. It's nothing new. Even if Robert Vadra & DLF are proved guilty, how would this event have any bearing on the issue of corruption & overall political environment? :confused:

By the way, I was astonished to find the strong defence of the Indian National Congress on this issue.;) I think every Congress leader knows about the transparent business deals of Mr. Vadra (who is not even a member of INC) & can take an oath on that. :D Poor Natwar Singh, Sashi Tharoor et al... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

TheDreamer

Paid news ? Bhai, for once please go to one of the IAC's meeting and the hands to mouth budget team is surviving. Joining with Ramdev - why do you think it didnt' happen uptill now. Paying money for news might be possible for guys like sharad pawar, not the guys like AK who is travelling sleeper class being a diabetic. No one is perfect, but for a person who has tried to do so much for others with his limitations and selflessness, please think before painting him corrupt. Try to read just 1-2 pages from his magsasay award profile.
http://www.rmaf.org.ph/Awardees/Biography/pdfbio/KejriwalArv.pdf

And Btw, don't worry - I also feel that he will fail ultimately - because India is too corrupt a society to even accept or understand a genuine person amongst them.

Thanks Ashish for posting the link. It was an eye-opener for me regarding the water-tax & the loans taken by the GOI for various reasons (Previously I was a crusader in favour of Water tax but now I have to think more rationally). Rest of the activities are known to me. I'm an optimist who think that this movement will be fruitful within a decade. To join politics is the right decision at the right moment for Arvind Kejriwal. I do believe the movement can only be fruitful if it becomes a sociopolitical movement rather than a social movement. I would like Anna to be the social face of the movement & Arvind or any other prominent leader to lead in the political front.