Analysis...

Hi,

I have been assigned a couple of tasks for which i need some help.

1. Please provide a link where in i can have a list of all the companies Sector Wise.

2. I also need a link where I can check the company details.

3. Then i need to select top companies in each sector. And rate them on the basis of profitability in trading, previous performance, market cap etc, also you can suggest me more parameters on which i can rate.

4. Also i want a link where it shows waitage of each share in Nifty.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

1. refer the sites indiainfoline, equitymaster, moneycontrol.com (Just a few to mention there are many more such)

2. these sites do provide the sector-wise info, but definition of sector vary from site to site.

3.they also provide such information

4. http://www.nseindia.com/content/indices/niftymcwb.csv
Thanks for the reply..

for the link you have provided of csv file, how can i convert it to a readable excel file.
Also please let me know more links for research.

Thanks for the reply..

for the link you have provided of csv file, how can i convert it to a readable excel file.
Also please let me know more links for research.
sorry that i didnt see your query. most of the time i remain busy in some or other work. Please try to post queries in some threads started by me.

Those csv files can be directly opened in excel. On which area are you concentrating on research? I recently participated in a paper on a topic relating to international markets. Are you having a specific topic? If you can elaborate, I am willing to share, whatever little i know

sorry that i didnt see your query. most of the time i remain busy in some or other work. Please try to post queries in some threads started by me.

Those csv files can be directly opened in excel. On which area are you concentrating on research? I recently participated in a paper on a topic relating to international markets. Are you having a specific topic? If you can elaborate, I am willing to share, whatever little i know
I want to prepare a list of equities 5 or 4 -top in their sector,based on their fundamentals/profitability/volume and also if they are listed in any other exchange other than India.

What exactly is the definition of 'sector'? do you have a list of 'sectors' you want to make this classification? because somebody can classify as auto sector (others say passanger car , LMV etc). This definitions can overlapping in some cases. If you have a complete definition of sector for your purpose please elaborate.

There are only limited companies in india, who are listed in foreign exchanges. I dont have a complete list, But since there are only limited cos, so you can easily find out. I provide the cos i know

MTNL, Tata Motors, ICICI bank, HDFC bank, OBC

What exactly is the definition of 'sector'? do you have a list of 'sectors' you want to make this classification? because somebody can classify as auto sector (others say passanger car , LMV etc). This definitions can overlapping in some cases. If you have a complete definition of sector for your purpose please elaborate.

There are only limited companies in india, who are listed in foreign exchanges. I dont have a complete list, But since there are only limited cos, so you can easily find out. I provide the cos i know

MTNL, Tata Motors, ICICI bank, HDFC bank, OBC
By sectors i mean in the broaded catagory like - Automobiles,IT,Infra,Banking etc.
I am looking on the sectors where the trading volume is High.
If you have any idea on how to sync the excel using macros then together we can make a excel sheet like the kind i told you for traderji users.
It can automatically sync up with yahoo server every second and the quotes are also not much delayed if you are signed in on yahoo.

Let me know if there is any research tool we can develop together.
:thumb:

By sectors i mean in the broaded catagory like - Automobiles,IT,Infra,Banking etc.
I am looking on the sectors where the trading volume is High.
If you have any idea on how to sync the excel using macros then together we can make a excel sheet like the kind i told you for traderji users.
It can automatically sync up with yahoo server every second and the quotes are also not much delayed if you are signed in on yahoo.

Let me know if there is any research tool we can develop together.
:thumb:
can you send me a complete list of categories? I can send you the updated list on some weekends as required by you. ( 5 cos in each sector as per your requirement of volume and sound fundamentals.) Since I am a working, I find less time in doing these kind of jobs. So I will try to get your answers by sunday.

Have you done kind of research work you have done in the past? can you send me some kind of resume? my mail-id is v i j a [email protected] pl remove spaces

Last edited: