An Intraday Trading System that actually works - Use it if you like

I'd been hunting for an intraday system that is consistently profitable for so many years and have tried my luck with dozens of them. I've learnt a lot from them and finally have designed one of my own over the last one year. It's made me money in both bullish and bearish markets. Hell, It actually even survived the test of the random whipsawing markets in Feb 2018 when the budget was announced. I'm posting it here for your benefit should you choose to use it.

The system is as follows:

Step 1: Determine if today’s market trend is bearish or bullish using the daily chart of the Nifty.

Perfect Bullish Condition:
The 14 period RSI of the Daily chart of the Nifty is above 50
Overlay a 5 period EMA on this RSI. Make sure that this EMA too is above 50.
Make sure that the RSI is above the 5 period EMA of the RSI

Perfect Bearish Condition:
The RSI of the Daily chart of the Nifty is below 50
Overlay a 5 period EMA on this RSI. Make sure that this EMA too is below 50.
Make sure that the RSI is below the 5 period EMA of the RSI

Step 2: Pick the stocks you will be trading for the day before market opens

If the daily NIFTY chart is in “Perfect Bullish Condition”, run a market scan for individual stock charts that meet all parameters of the “Perfect Bullish Condition” in the Daily timeframe as well. DO NOT SEARCH FOR STOCKS THAT ARE IN “PERFECT BEARISH CONDITION”.

If the daily NIFTY chart is in “Perfect Bearish Condition”, scan for individual stock charts that meet all parameters of the “Perfect Bearish Condition” in the Daily timeframe as well. DO NOT SEARCH FOR STOCKS THAT ARE IN “PERFECT BULLISH CONDITION”.

Take all your scanner results and create a watchlist for the day. Do not trade any stocks outside this watchlist.

Step 3: Trade Timing and Entry

When you are trading a stock that is in “Perfect Bullish Condition”, switch from the daily chart to a 10 minute chart and overlay a 21 period EMA to it. Then add the RSI indicator under this chart and overlay a 5 period EMA on this RSI. Take a long position when the price crosses over the 21 period EMA and the 5 period EMA of the RSI is greater than 50. Unless both these things happen, do not take a long position.

When you are trading a stock that is in “Perfect Bearish Condition”, switch from the daily chart to a 10 minute chart and overlay a 21 period EMA to it. Then add the RSI indicator under this chart and overlay a 5 period EMA on this RSI. Take a short position when the price crosses below the 21 period EMA and the 5 period EMA of the RSI is greater than 50. Unless both these things happen, do not take a long position.

Step 4: Target and stop loss setting:
Stop loss for long positions should be placed under the low of the previous swing on the 10 minute chart. Target can simply be 1% (OR) target can be set using Fibonacci levels (OR) profits can simply be booked towards the end of the trading session at 3:15 PM. Personally, I prefer setting a 1% target and squaring off the trade once this is achieved.

Stop loss for short positions should be placed above the high of the previous swing on the 10 minute chart. Target can simply be 1% (OR) target can be set using Fibonacci levels (OR) profits can simply be booked towards the end of the trading session at 3:15 PM. Personally, I prefer setting a 1% target and squaring off the trade once this is achieved.

Things to keep in mind when using this system:

Though this system rarely ever fails me, there are no guarantees in the stock market and you may suffer losses when you trade. One must be mentally prepared for this.

Being a successful day trader takes a great deal of discipline. Follow the rules of the system very precisely without any deviations if you hope to make any profits.

Do not trade unless and until all conditions mentioned above are met. There may be days when things don’t align and you will have to sit on the side lines and wait for the perfect conditions but if you are serious about making a living from day trading, understand that capital preservation is as equally important as making profits.

I have been using this system only on the NIFTY 50 stocks, I have no idea how well this will work on stocks outside of this watchlist.

Wish all of you guys the best of luck and good fortune!

Comment if you like the system and share it with as many people as you can once you are convinced that it is working for you.

newtrader101

Step 1: Determine if today’s market trend is bearish or bullish using the daily chart of the Nifty.

Perfect Bearish Condition:
The RSI of the Daily chart of the Nifty is below 50
Overlay a 5 period EMA on this RSI. Make sure that this EMA too is below 50.
Make sure that the RSI is below the 5 period EMA of the RSI

Step 2: Pick the stocks you will be trading for the day before market opens

If the daily NIFTY chart is in “Perfect Bearish Condition”, scan for individual stock charts that meet all parameters of the “Perfect Bearish Condition” in the Daily timeframe as well. DO NOT SEARCH FOR STOCKS THAT ARE IN “PERFECT BULLISH CONDITION”.

Take all your scanner results and create a watchlist for the day. Do not trade any stocks outside this watchlist.

Step 3: Trade Timing and Entry

When you are trading a stock that is in “Perfect Bearish Condition”, switch from the daily chart to a 10 minute chart and overlay a 21 period EMA to it. Then add the RSI indicator under this chart and overlay a 5 period EMA on this RSI. Take a short position when the price crosses below the 21 period EMA and the 5 period EMA of the RSI is greater than 50. Unless both these things happen, do not take a long position.

Step 4: Target and stop loss setting:
Stop loss for long positions should be placed under the low of the previous swing on the 10 minute chart. Target can simply be 1% (OR) target can be set using Fibonacci levels (OR) profits can simply be booked towards the end of the trading session at 3:15 PM. Personally, I prefer setting a 1% target and squaring off the trade once this is achieved.

Stop loss for short positions should be placed above the high of the previous swing on the 10 minute chart. Target can simply be 1% (OR) target can be set using Fibonacci levels (OR) profits can simply be booked towards the end of the trading session at 3:15 PM. Personally, I prefer setting a 1% target and squaring off the trade once this is achieved.
Hi Rustom,
Thanks for posting this.
In the Short trade, shouldn't the condition for the intraday trade be the 5 period EMA of the RSI is less than 50?

Based on this criteria this is a sample trade on Rustom's method.

On 6/3/18, NIFTY daily satisfied the perfect bearish conditions as he has given:

1521359898789.png

RELINFRA satisfied the same bearish condition on 6/3 on 'Daily.
1521360151154.png

Here is the ten minute intraday chart for the possible short trade on 7/3/18:
1521361039032.png

Thanks again, Rustom.
I'm not sure about the stop.

newtrader101

Ashok Leyland and CoalIndia were winning trades today with this method, However, I went for Relinfra as well, Stopped out. Loss more than the gains.

Last edited:
Guys, this strategy is working out for most of my trades today....some positions are still open and a couple may end up in a small loss too...but here are the charts for some of my trades from today that are squared off....

Also, please read the notes at the end of the post...i've written there that I use this strategy only on the Nifty50 stocks and I don't know how well it will work on anything outside this watchlist...neither Ashok Leyland nor Relinfra are in the Nifty50 so....

Attachments

Hey, I just also noticed that your entry is not timed properly...Short position should be taken when the price is above 21 EMA and then goes and closes below 21 EMA on 10 min chart...you shouldn't just enter trade at the beginning of the day...you must wait for the trigger and only then enter...try again tomorrow...the idea is you should take 10 - 12 trades and that way even if a couple lose, on the whole you will stillbe profitable for the day...there is no holy grail and no system can be 100% accurate....this is simply the best way of trading intraday for my style, so align your expectations not thinking that if you follow this every single trade is going to give you profits....read the document again and absorb each step so that you can get this right tomorrow...I'm rooting for you...all the best!!

newtrader101

Hi Rustom,
Just to confirm, Take a short position when the price crosses below the 21 period EMA and the 5 period EMA of the RSI is lesser than 50.
The RSI was above the 5 EMA in the 10 min chart. That was a mistake in my entry.

Besides this is also necessary: the price should be above 21 EMA and then it should close below 21 EMA on 10 min. Ok I can see it in your charts.

Last edited:
hi
mr. rustom fransis
excellent . u are kind enough to post all trades. can any one post an afl to filter out stocks on eod basis to separate bullish and bearish stocks on eod basis ?
regards
explorer