An anatomy of the Stock Market! - Bull & Bear Market Cycles

Agilent said:
Truly a great writeup.

Only wish it could help us in saying for sure if we are in a bear market since early May, or were the last 2 mths just a secondary correction (to the bull run) which seems to have got over http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=%5EBSESN&t=5y&l=off&z=l&q=l&c=

Traderji /others ... yr views?

AGILENT

Traderji / seniors / experts

Wouldn't it be great if the 'empirical perspective' so well shown in your writeup was followed up by some inputs (no matter how brief) on the practical side of the markets, as they are right now in India

After all, many of us are confused about whether we are in a primary bull market, or a bear market ... or ... still undecided !?

Please enlighten

AGILENT:)

hi guys,
despite all that is said abt India's future as a powerhouse economy, somehow the feeling that these FII are "pumping us to dump " never goes away, maybe i am being pessimistic

Traderji

Super Moderator
Agilent said:
Traderji / seniors / experts

Wouldn't it be great if the 'empirical perspective' so well shown in your writeup was followed up by some inputs (no matter how brief) on the practical side of the markets, as they are right now in India

After all, many of us are confused about whether we are in a primary bull market, or a bear market ... or ... still undecided !?

Please enlighten

AGILENT:)
Looks like we are in the beginning of a bear phase. We had a correction from a high of 12600 to 8800 on the BSE Sensex. A 50 % pullback to the 11000 region and now a new downtrend to possibly test the 8800 level.

A close below the 8800 level would confirm a lower top and lower bottom formation.

Traderji said:
Looks like we are in the beginning of a bear phase. We had a correction from a high of 12600 to 8800 on the BSE Sensex. A 50 % pullback to the 11000 region and now a new downtrend to possibly test the 8800 level.

A close below the 8800 level would confirm a lower top and lower bottom formation.

Just to provide ready perspective for Traderji's prognosis .... and I tend to agree with it
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=%5EBSESN&t=3m&l=on&z=l&q=l&c=

AGILENT

Hi Traderji,

Wonderful job..

I feel this is very useful for starters like me..

Thanking for this great post & looking forward for more post from Traderji.:D

Hi Traderji,

Wonderful job..

I feel this is very useful for starters like me..

Thanking for this great post & looking forward for more post from Traderji.:D
Rado
Well you are v kind... knowing that Traderji's post of 18 July (which I agreed with) portrayed a different scenario altogether .... from the one that has emerged since then

You are not the only one who has learnt from this site

AGILENT:rolleyes:

"Old rules don't apply" mentality is not common with small investors, it applies equally to "gurus". Anybody who questioned absurd P/E ratios of Nasadaq stocks just before it collapsed in 2000, the experts of CNBC used to say that it was internet based economy which is something entirely new and "OLD RULES DON'T APPLY".
The lesson is to do your own homework and DONOT listen to experts.

rangarajan

So,Traderji,In unambiguous term,where are we? Or in the timing of your posting,is it implied that the bull phase is nearing its peak.Either way, it is an excellent article.
ranga