Amibroker V/S TradeTiger

Hi friends,

I am shekhar, from Lucknow. I have started this thread for all the newbies especially those who are NOT in a position to spend 15-20 thousand on
Amibroker.

All senior members and experienced ones are requested to plz share knowledge.

We all know that Amibroker is so far treated as Best Trading Software (I am not taking into account the MetaStock because it is damn costly, which may usually cause a normal person to think twice to purchase). Now to the point, most of us are already aware that TradeTiger (ShareKhan) has many in-built charting facilities which are even not equal to the caliber of Amibroker BUT definitely help a normal person to go through trading.

I, on the behalf of all persons who are not in a position to buy Amibroker or other costly programs AND who are currently using TradeTiger, invite the seniors & experienced persons (ofcourse I am asking for who use TradeTiger) to PLEASE COME HERE AND SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE IN THIS REGARD WITH COMPARISON BETWEEN BOTH OF THEM, i.e. their plus-points, negative-points, facilities, charting etc, everything which they know.

Site Admin & Moderators, as you know that I am new, so please forgive me if anyhow I have offended the dignity of this Forum by posting this thread at here only, because I could not find any other appropriate place to post this message other than this.

Regards to all,

shekhar

AW10

Sekhar, In you opinion, how much can u compare apple with orange ?
Both have some similarity like they are fruit, round, etc.. but they are different breed altogather.

Amibroker is Pure technical analysis package.. To help u perform detailed TA, scan the market, write your on scripts, backtest your sytem etc . It does not help u place trade, account mgmt, order mgmt, seeing P&L etc.

TT of Sharekhan is Trading platform.. Main feature is to help u trade.. Charting is on of the many other features on TT.

So, if u want fair comparision,then compare Ami with other TA softwares and Compare TT with other trading platform.

In my experience, Chart and TA indicators etc are very limited to TT but they are good enough to support your trading. Limitation is lack of customisation and programming your own indicators. Not sure if it can display multiple timeframe view of same scrip and multiple scrips at the same same chart.

If you want to get a feel of real trading platform then check out the demo of Tradestation, Ninja Trader or MT4.

Hope this helps..

Dear AW10,

Many thanks for your clarification on the matter, BUT I actually wanted to know only that how can one go through trading with the help of TradeTiger if he cannot manage to purchase Amibroker.

I will be highly obliged if you may throw some light on it too please.

Regards

shekhar

singhboy

I use Trade tiger for my analysis tho i trade on diffrent broker accounts. I use amibroker eod data to scan stocks on my parameters then i make a list of abt 30 stocks for intraday trading for next day. List is renewed everyday by scanning on amibroker. But all analysis is done on Trade Tiger. Its the easiest n cheapest charting software n i always recommned all my frnds this software. It consist all essential tools needed for analysis used in trading, multiple time frames tick-1-2-3 or whateva mint chart u want, 5 day intra chart, fibonaci levels, trend lnes, technical studies, candle study etc all thats is needed in basic analysis ( not advanced tools which r not needed usually either).

singhboy

for example i made on wednesday 10th feb i made a list by eod scan on amibroker, ultracement was one of the stocks in list going long on thursday 11feb if it meets my requirements 1st among them was cross 989. On trade tiger, on wednesday night i drawn fibonacci level, according to which it was buy abv 989 for tgt 998.50-1004.50. Thursday ultracemnt was my only trade, bought at 989.10, n levels u can see eaxctly those which were projected by trader tiger 999-1004

Attachments

It consist all essential tools needed for analysis used in trading, multiple time frames tick-1-2-3 or whateva mint chart u want, 5 day intra chart, fibonaci levels, trend lnes, technical studies, candle study etc all thats is needed in basic analysis ( not advanced tools which r not needed usually either).
Singhboy, many thanks,

I am a newbie with TradeTiger (though I am trading since more than 1 year but only in January 2010 I came to know regarding some of the good features of TradeTiger).

Will you plz take some time & pain to describe what is quoted above. How to have multiple time-frame (especially High+Low EMA) & also how can we use those indicators in entering or exiting a trade whether intraday or positional.

Plz share your maximum knowledge on TradeTiger and oblige us.

Regards

shekhar

for example i made on wednesday 10th feb i made a list by eod scan on amibroker, ultracement was one of the stocks in list going long on thursday 11feb if it meets my requirements 1st among them was cross 989. On trade tiger, on wednesday night i drawn fibonacci level, according to which it was buy abv 989 for tgt 998.50-1004.50. Thursday ultracemnt was my only trade, bought at 989.10, n levels u can see eaxctly those which were projected by trader tiger 999-1004
singhboy,

Price and indicators were making wave like up and down movements. How did you decide to buy at lowest and sell at highest price? Would be thankful if you explain how did you decide to buy and sell.

Thanks

singhboy

Infact i dont use indicators, i hav just added them, rarely i use stochastic. I take buy sell decsions purely on mov avg, Fibonacci levels n bollinger bands. And i use 5 mint chart

as a US trader i suggest you to see first what is the good trading platform, check out this thinkorswim platform from www.thinkorswim.com, and try to open a papermoney account it will let u to trade, its free , and check the candle chart, finally u will know all the indian trading platform are lack of customization and programming. once u tried pls let me know, i am in the search of good platform for indian market too, i am expecting platfrom for streaming chart.

Hi,

I read with interest comparison between Trade Tiger of Sharekhan and AmiBroker. In case my experience helps anybody, I will be delighted.

My response is in reply or relation to the point raised or implied in the forum.

1. Sharekhan has prepared this TT software trading platform wherein one can see realtime price movement and decide wither to sell from his/her demat stock held with them or sell on margin OR buy at the current or limit price if there is credit balance. They offer both Cash and F&O with complete demat and fund management, accounting of trades, profit loss etc. statements and chat support for shares and commodities.
2. I persued with them frequently over the years and they obliged by increasing the indicators to 8, which include MA, Bollinger Bands, KST, Stochastics etc. which are popular amongst the traders and investors. However, in the newer version while the chart is zoomed, we have additional tech instruments like Horizontal, Vertical lines, Trend and Free Extension line along with Retracement Lines which work for the benefit of visual lines on the Line, Bar or Candlesticks chart. I think their retracements of 23.6, 38.2, 50 and 61.8% lines are not adjustible. But it works to show Pivot points or turning points frequently satisfactorily.
3. Though I like the accuracy of PSAR which shows Turning Points with Bollinger Bands, PSAR is not available in TT.
4. Most important point is the use of AmiBroker as a Trading Platform by Indian stock broker community. As if they have developed in-house or custom made the software, some of them I know generally claim superiority of their software platform. It is difficult to convince or motivate them to adopt the economical software platform.
5. If there is some broking house having the initiative, their NSE, BSE data could be linked to AmiBroker Server and then the Client could be given to the customers. Perhaps, AB's Tomasz would also agree if he has the bulk customer base for the use of AB in India. I am confident, that with AB as Trading platform and so much plug-ins on the net and AB Groups, very little fine tuning would be necessary for much advanced Trading System.
6. There is a reference to MetaTrader 4, popularly known as MT4. It is widely used by Forex Brokers abroad for multiple currency trading.
7. Either MT4 or AB can be adapted to Indian Stocks, Commodities and even Forex Trading by the brokers. It is quite possible that in future multi currency forex trading (beyond the limit of INR on one side) will be possible with perhaps RBI permission. When the government allow us to invest dollars and other foreign currency abroad, it has no logical reason to stop Indian Trader, Investor to trade in forex with Indian bank a/c.s.

So, to conclude, we need AB, MT4 or similar trading platform at no cost or little cost to the Indian Investor/Trader community. And last but not the least, I propose that both NSE, BSE and SEBI should seriously consider to provide stock price data freely to the brokers/investors/traders. I consider that software platform and broker superior whose support is least required.

Today, there a number of software developers who have developed Patches to link the stock prices with finance.yahoo, Power India Bulls and others with visibility in AB. This is seamless. But all of them with a couple of exception, are charging from 350 to 500 per month as data charges. The vendor offers excellent support on chat and phone. This is totally uncalled for. At least the developer can charge one time fee for the patch say, Rs. 2000/3000 and provide service to the customers until major upgrade is offered.

I do have seen such a patch from Indian developer @ Rs. 3000 and they have provided three upgrades, based on their customer feed backs and their own research and development. The data time slots are 1, 5, 15, 60 min. and shows 5-day price movement. All AB indicators are visible even with the limited trial version of 5.2. They are giving trial version which actually works with AB.

Disclaimer: I am a long standing customer of Sharekhan using their TT satisfactorily. But I am not promoting them in any way. There is no financial consideration in describing their services or features of software. In the same way though I like the AB and MT4 software, I have no financial benefit from any of them. Each user has his/her own preference based on their temperament and style of investment/trading. Just as all profit is theirs, they also have to bear the burden of loss. See everything yourself and take decision.

Best Wishes.
Sharad Kapadia
Surat