AmiBroker Realtime Quotes Not working

Hi
Im using amibroker 5.00 rc1 professional edition for charting and myQuotes for getting the real time data from yahoo finance.
i have set up the database and linked to amibroker which is done fine.
The problem is that i cant see real time quotes on Amibroker even after Enabling View-> Realtime Quotes
After doing this the blank real time quote window appears and when i right click on the symbol from the list to "Add to real time quote", that option cant be selected as is it appearing grey.
Pls help
Thanks alot

Regards,
Tushar

chachi

Hi,

I could configure myQuotes just yesterday and I am testing it right now. It seems to be working nicely for me.....

I hope you have downloaded the utilty/software from volumedigger .com. If yes, you would have seen this link.....http://www. volumedigger. com/myQuotes_Tutorial.html......for configuration......I suggest you to go through it once again and try to re-configure...you should have no problem...
[This site seems to belong to one elite member of traderji community...he is doing great job]

Two points I like to mention here.....

1. No need to create the new database manually as mentioned in the manual.....the software myQuotes itself creates it...

2. Check whether you are looking at intraday data...default in Amibroker is set to EOD data...

Hope it helps

Regards
Chachi

hi chachi
thanks a lot for replying and trying to solve the query
i went through the document again and re configured it, but apparently the problem continues.
the exact problem is that myQuotes is getting the data right(i can see rt quotes on myQuotes data grid) and the database is getting linked also to Amibroker, the problem is that AmiBroker is just not showing the quotes in Real Time quote window.(The option of adding stocks to real time window is GREYED)
if u cud give me your email id then i can mail you a snapshot of it.
thanks alot for replying
regards,

tushar

chachi

Dear Tushar,

Send me the screenshots I will have a look. However you may have to wait until wednesday for my good reply as I will not have access to my home PC during trading hours until then. I will surely give a try. My id is kotasat at yhoo dot com

Regards
Chachi

hi chachi
thanks a lot for replying and trying to solve the query
i went through the document again and re configured it, but apparently the problem continues.
the exact problem is that myQuotes is getting the data right(i can see rt quotes on myQuotes data grid) and the database is getting linked also to Amibroker, the problem is that AmiBroker is just not showing the quotes in Real Time quote window.(The option of adding stocks to real time window is GREYED)
if u cud give me your email id then i can mail you a snapshot of it.
thanks alot for replying
regards,

tushar

hi chachi..

the rt quotes on amibroker has started working now after alot of troubleshooting..
seems that amibrokers defaults for plotting the graph kept changing as soon as the database was updated..
but all is working fine now.. thanks alot for the help..
and thanks to the maker of myQuotes also for providing such a great utility free of cost..

regards,

tushar.