Amibroker For Dummies........a Beginner's Forum On How To Use Amibroker

will this thread serve its purpose?

• yes

Votes: 397 93.2%
  • no

Votes: 29 6.8%

• Total voters

amsin21

I am a absolute beginner and have downloaded Futures data from Getbhavcopy.
The futures data is in the following format
NIFTY-I,20000612,1461,1472,1451,1452.75,62,4000
NIFTY-II,20000612,1478,1478,1470,1478,14,2800
NIFTY-III,20000612,1480,1482,1480,1480,3,600

How should I import this data in amibroker ? I am not able to do it with routine steps like >create new database > import wizard > import ASCII. 1st is Ticker, 2nd is date, 3rd 4th 5th and 6th cloumn is open high low close.
I dont know what is the 7th and 8th column represents ?.

Please help :down:
The EOD format : Ticker,YMD,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume,Open Interest

There is no need to go through wizard if you have followed exactly the 2nd link in my previous post. Very straight forward steps. Once you set the steps, next time use "Impost ASCII" and select the EOD file, select file type as "Getbhavcopy Format (*.txt)" and click "Öpen". So simple.

The EOD format : Ticker,YMD,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume,Open Interest

There is no need to go through wizard if you have followed exactly the 2nd link in my previous post. Very straight forward steps. Once you set the steps, next time use "Impost ASCII" and select the EOD file, select file type as "Getbhavcopy Format (*.txt)" and click "Öpen". So simple.
Thank You Amsin.
What is the difference between NIFTY I, NIFTY II& NIFTY III ?

amsin21

amsin21

Friends,

I'm new to AFL coding and I would like to make a system that identifies the candlestick patterns and set the buy n sell rules based on the patterns. I have scanned many of the websites and got the AFL that identifies the pattern, but I need it in a different manner. For ex. Lets say we have a Bullish Engulfing pattern formed i.e. this pattern involves two candles. All the current candlestick pattern indicators/ codes that I have found is, the Bullish engulfing pattern identified on the current candle, but I need as follows:
1. When the pattern is formed and two candles are involved, then I want to highlight the pattern say drawing a circle/ rectangle around the candles (in this case bullish engulfing involves two candles, so I want the rectangle to be around both the candles that forms the pattern.

2. Put an buy/ sell arrow near that pattern

3. Set the buy/ sell rules based on the pattern

Can we achieve my requirement using AFL? If yes, then please guide me.

I'm not sure whether this is the right thread to place this query, but since it s dealing with AFL, I'm posting it here.

My father trades stock futures. I would like to know of a data source that can be used to import realtime and backfill data for futures. Preferably free. Backfill is also important incase of any interruption in the internet connection.

I trade in individual stocks and use Amiquote for free data from Google Fin. Is there a way to add another data source to import Futures data via Amiquote?

amsin21

My father trades stock futures. I would like to know of a data source that can be used to import realtime and backfill data for futures. Preferably free. Backfill is also important incase of any interruption in the internet connection.

I trade in individual stocks and use Amiquote for free data from Google Fin. Is there a way to add another data source to import Futures data via Amiquote?
Use this utility by josh1

http://www.traderji.com/intraday/97637-real-time-data-now-nest-trader-amibroker-fcharts.html