Amibroker Development Kit Question

mastermind007

WM_USER_STREAMING_UPDATE is used by Quote Tracker Plugin. I did not find it in anywhere ASCII plugin (Samples). Hence we need not use that message. We need not tell it to open front door.

"OLE automation interface is provided to control AmiBroker from the OUTSIDE process (such as windows scripting host)."
IMHO Plugin is an outside process getting access to inside objects of AMI.
Hence we may try to push data thru rear door. If Ami accepts the command, it will know where to seat the each tick by looking at the format file. (Which it does when I push data from Excel using OLE automation.) User Guide says - it is possible to access Broker.Application and underlying objects from AFL formulas.
In that case, Plugin should be able to do the same.
PS. Import Command will have to be somewhere else since Ami calls back GetQuotes(Ex).
OK! I will attempt this.

As of now, I have a COM thing implemented that is pushing data into Ami for upto 250 scrip at a time which I have tested it for refresh rates as low as 80-100 mili secs.
Below 80 msecs, Ami keeps working but becomes very unresponsive at refresh rates (51-79 milisecs). At 50 msecs, it crashes!!

For everyday use, I actually use refresh rate of 500 mili secs (1/2 second) and this is quite adequate to open charts for about 6 tickers and one Explorer/Analysis.

mastermind007

WM_USER_STREAMING_UPDATE is used by Quote Tracker Plugin. I did not find it in anywhere ASCII plugin (Samples). Hence we need not use that message. We need not tell it to open front door.

"OLE automation interface is provided to control AmiBroker from the OUTSIDE process (such as windows scripting host)."
IMHO Plugin is an outside process getting access to inside objects of AMI.
Hence we may try to push data thru rear door. If Ami accepts the command, it will know where to seat the each tick by looking at the format file. (Which it does when I push data from Excel using OLE automation.) User Guide says - it is possible to access Broker.Application and underlying objects from AFL formulas.
In that case, Plugin should be able to do the same.
PS. Import Command will have to be somewhere else since Ami calls back GetQuotes(Ex).
OK! I will attempt this.

As of now, I have a COM thing implemented that is pushing data into Ami for upto 250 scrip at a time which I have tested it for refresh rates as low as 80-100 mili secs. Below 80 msecs, Ami keeps working but becomes very unresponsive at refresh rates (51-79 milisecs). At 50 msecs, it crashes!!

For everyday use, I actually use refresh rate of 3000 mili secs (3 seconds) and this is quite adequate to open charts for about 6 tickers and one Explorer/Analysis.

josh1

OK! I will attempt this.

As of now, I have a COM thing implemented that is pushing data into Ami for upto 250 scrip at a time which I have tested it for refresh rates as low as 80-100 mili secs. Below 80 msecs, Ami keeps working but becomes very unresponsive at refresh rates (51-79 milisecs). At 50 msecs, it crashes!!

For everyday use, I actually use refresh rate of 3000 mili secs (3 seconds) and this is quite adequate to open charts for about 6 tickers and one Explorer/Analysis.
Well if you are alrady getting that speed, you need not go for plugin unless you are into Automatic Trading. I use 3 Secs thru Excel. However, Excel is a single single thread App. Hence asyncronus updates to Ami cannot be done.

mastermind007

mastermind

please continue this thread!

Its a good one:)
Blackhole

1) The query that I had at start of this thread is more or less resolved, so there is nothing to add further.
2) Not many people are interested in ADK related stuff in Traderji
3) Nevertheless, if you have any query that you want anyone including me to brain-storm upon, you are most welcome to post it here. By necessity, the query will have to be guidance-seeking and not expecting creation of a full solution ... :thumb:

Blackhole

Blackhole

1) The query that I had at start of this thread is more or less resolved, so there is nothing to add further.
2) Not many people are interested in ADK related stuff in Traderji
3) Nevertheless, if you have any query that you want anyone including me to brain-storm upon, you are most welcome to post it here. By necessity, the query will have to be guidance-seeking and not expecting creation of a full solution ... :thumb:
well what about to start off with walk forward testing? reading /explanation of walk forward report? customizing the parameters of the same? automating walk forwards

best parameter to base the testing on and why ? for eg. car/mdd based or kratio based and whats the difference between the results of both the parameter

hope i was able to put the right question.:)
thanks

Hi Blackhole,

I was reading the adk documentation and the data plugin is supposed to inform amibroker when there's new data by sending a WM_USER_STREAMING_UPDATE message. Exactly how does this work?

ie, what is the function in my plugin (and simple code example pls) that sends this message?

Thanks

sorry for interuption:

but idont had any option to find the correct method for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPveV7cPnWA
AmiBroker - synced scroll/zoom of Chart-Group (multi time frames), Watchlist scroll
i saw this video to link all multiple window for scrolling & zooming
but i dont no how to do this in amibroker
therefore i asked this question here
pls help & give guidence for the above method
thanks in advance & again sorry for my language & weak english.