Amibroker and its applications?

Hi,

I have been trading equities for a while now but it is purely on instinct and common sense. I want to trade professionally, I saw an ad from marketcalls.in about a 2 days workshop on AMIBROKER.

I wanted to know,

1) is amibroker a useful tool for trading?

2) is a 2 day workshop enough to get you started on Amibroker?

3) can Amibroker be used by someone who is not into coding and doesnt know any coding?

4) Should I learn Techical analysis before learning amibroker?

Thanks,
Harshit Patel

akgandhi

Amibroker is a very useful tool if u have the right method and right skills to code.

Though there are large number of freely available afl's floating around on net , that deals with coding question.

vu22rps

ThankIng you for the reply.. so you thonk I can use it for trading purpose.. Even though I dont know how to code..
Yes A K Gandhi is absolutely right, u can use Amibroker, other than the codes that come with it , many free codes are available on the net as well, this forum will also help you get some good codes if u look around.

All the best.

Thanking you all for the reply..

So uguys think, I should go for the 2 day workshop, the cost is around 8000rs.

Thanks,
Harshit Patel

Dear Harshit Patel

The Main Focus on MarketCall's Seminar is Back testing , Optimization and Automated Trading with trading systems ( may be yours or others )

If You are first time user of Amibroker then it's become something little advance for you imo.

It may be little bit on coding side. If you know the coding it will help out but coding is not necessary for the Amibroker. You can code your trading strategies form programmers.

Before planing to going for seminar first learn the basic of amibroker , then it will easy for you, otherwise u will find difficult to understand and implement.

Now the Fees for the Seminar is 10000 :)