Alternative income for a trader

Best options for trader

• Total voters

lemondew

Oh i misunderstood I thgt u said ppl who vent been able to profit shd take up dancing or some other profession.

Well actually this one I opened only for those who ve not been able to profit and are still learning. Those who are abe to make money trading can do whatever they want

If you are not a profitable trader (most of us), then you need to think about alternatives. If you are a consistently profitable trader, then you just need to work on scaling up your trading and need not try anything else. Then just do whatever you love... like dancing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Darvas

Last edited:

lemondew

Some spammers bumping up this thread. Reminding me of 2017. If I have to answer this thread one should invest in data analytics and trading automation. If you get into the right place you will find all the right people

sumantra

sir I voted becoming a mentor and becoming a sub broker.
I know someone in my city who does so.He runs a small institute from home.He charges only 7k per student.Anyhow he manage to get 20 students per month.He teaches TA.
Those students open a/c with him as he gives 1-2 months live support.He taught 500+ students so far and he has 2000 clients.He trades too in wife's a/c.
Now his wife also take classes for female traders-housewife,mba graduates.

Sir i bet,They are making much more than any consistent trader in this forum
Rightly said, Sir.

Isnt this a paradox!!!I mean a trader who is really doing well does not have to rely on other sources of income..and how can a trader who has to rely on other sources of income teach others to "trade profitably"!!!

and one more thing...and i would like an extensive discussion on this from fellow members. How effectively can trading skills be transferred? I believe is too complex a skill to be transferred/taught effectively. For instance, something like cooking can be taught easily to anyone. Even driving for instance. Even complex math, engineering etc can be taught because they have a clearly defined structure. But in trading I just feel that its too abstract to be "taught" effectively. Its a very subtle art at the end of the day.

Verde

Isnt this a paradox!!!I mean a trader who is really doing well does not have to rely on other sources of income..and how can a trader who has to rely on other sources of income teach others to "trade profitably"!!!
Many traders here are trading very small capital, so even if they are profitable it won't be enough to sustain them.
Even 5% a month on a few lakhs is not sufficient.

and one more thing...and i would like an extensive discussion on this from fellow members. How effectively can trading skills be transferred? I believe is too complex a skill to be transferred/taught effectively. For instance, something like cooking can be taught easily to anyone. Even driving for instance. Even complex math, engineering etc can be taught because they have a clearly defined structure. But in trading I just feel that its too abstract to be "taught" effectively. Its a very subtle art at the end of the day.
There are only 2 ways to become profitable. Learn from an expert or do the hard work yourself.
My own path was in between, I learned from courses and put in lots of hard work to refine it into what I wanted.

No, you will not find all the answers in one place. Be very happy if you find a piece of the puzzle here and there because it doesn't come easily.....put them together and it works.

lemondew

Well said verde!! Also a trader has to be well capitalised even after the loosing initial years at the time he finds an edge. Most people take 3-8 sometimes even more years to find and understand how it works. By then one must be still be well capitalised. 15-45% per annum non compounding on a big capital is a good return anything more consistently year after year is good.

So if someone is left with enough capital after x years of failures so that after his expense and taxes he is still able to add capital next year then he doesnt need any other source of income.

Many traders here are trading very small capital, so even if they are profitable it won't be enough to sustain them.
Even 5% a month on a few lakhs is not sufficient.

There are only 2 ways to become profitable. Learn from an expert or do the hard work yourself.
My own path was in between, I learned from courses and put in lots of hard work to refine it into what I wanted.
No, you will not find all the answers in one place. Be very happy if you find a piece of the puzzle here and there because it doesn't come easily.....put them together and it works.