ALPHA MEMBERSHIP with NSE

Friends,

How to become a ALPHA member for NSE??

1) What is the procedure to be followed
2) What Docs we have to produce and bank guarantees etc

The NSE website has bits and pieces of information and I am not getting a big picture and what to do ..

This will be very beneficial for HNI customers and as there will be Reduced Margin requirements ( more capital for investment) and no Margin calls anf forced closure of positions

Ram

I just want to add few points that will be of interest to all of us..

1) There are various slabs with Deposits from Rs 25 L to 50 L
for the Alpha membership to trade in F&O and in cash segments

2) I understood that there will be Max 50 client codes given ( This can be understood as few people/friends can come together and form this membership and trade )

3) The most important one is that margin blocked will be only 30% of what we have with the Lowest cost brokers .. While the broker charges are competitive between low cost ones and established ones , but when it comes to margin blocking there is not much difference between any brokers

But with Alpha membership we can increase our exposure 3 times on the same capital as margin requirements are minimal

4) Trades get executed in milli/micro secs and no congestion with brokers during wild market movements ( many times I could not get out easily during crashes or get in during upswings )

5) I also heard that most of the brokers are not happy, when NSE brought this Alpha membership and opened it to small investors like most of us... ( Reason enough to probe further and take a judicious call )

I have limited understanding only at present on this topic and hence, I have posted this .. Any more information/details should help all of us. Thanks

TradeRaid

I just want to add few points that will be of interest to all of us..

1) There are various slabs with Deposits from Rs 25 L to 50 L
for the Alpha membership to trade in F&O and in cash segments

2) I understood that there will be Max 50 client codes given ( This can be understood as few people/friends can come together and form this membership and trade )

3) The most important one is that margin blocked will be only 30% of what we have with the Lowest cost brokers .. While the broker charges are competitive between low cost ones and established ones , but when it comes to margin blocking there is not much difference between any brokers

But with Alpha membership we can increase our exposure 3 times on the same capital as margin requirements are minimal

4) Trades get executed in milli/micro secs and no congestion with brokers during wild market movements ( many times I could not get out easily during crashes or get in during upswings )

5) I also heard that most of the brokers are not happy, when NSE brought this Alpha membership and opened it to small investors like most of us... ( Reason enough to probe further and take a judicious call )

I have limited understanding only at present on this topic and hence, I have posted this .. Any more information/details should help all of us. Thanks
This has some info: http://tradingqna.com/11119/what-benefits-becoming-amember-firm-handle-individual-client

Went thru the link

Please note that No Broker ( inc discount brokers ) will ever prefer his retail clients to go to Alpha membership.. The post in the link also proves the same

If we have ALPHA MEMBERSHIP not only we have to pay no brokerage , but also have no margin calls. Moreover you can have 50 memberships with you..

I also heard that NSE takes FDs from nationalized banks as collateral for this membership

Once you withdraw , the FD certificates are returned back ...

Not able to get more information on how to proceed .. pl support