ALICE BLUE - BO Order issues - Request inputs from other members please

Friends,
I have Alice Blue account wherein I am facing a weird problem when placing BO orders -
Say for example:
I had recently SOLD GoldM at BO. At the time of placing the order CMP was between 46950-46930.
I wanted to Sell < 46900 i.e. Trigger Price - 46899; Price 46895;
However, when I placed the BO order, immediately got executed @ 46935. (Please note that I wanted to sell when the price went below 46900; but it got executed immediately). I was fortunate to Exit in Profit - else would have landed in a mess

Since I had faced similar problem earlier with CO order, I did the recording while placing this order. The video was sent to AB Support to team and below is their reply.

Can you please revert if whatever they are claiming is true, as I am new to BO/CO orders and hence requesting inputs from experts please

Also, attaching the link of the screen recording - for reference, if required. Alice Blue Screen Recording of BO order placing

Warm Regards- AR Bhapkar

-----------------REPLY FROM ALICE BLUE TEAM-----------------
Hi A R Bhapkar,

Thanks for contacting Aliceblue !!

1. When placing Buy Limit orders, the limit price entered must be below the Current Market price

2. When placing Sell limit orders, the limit price entered must be above the current market price

Ex - if the CMP of a scrip is 100, buy limit orders must be placed below 100 (95,99 etc), & sell limit orders must be placed above 100 (101,108 etc)

If the above rule isn’t followed, even limit orders will get executed as market orders.
---------------------------------

ram2010

All limit orders whether its BO or CO or simple limit orders will be executed in this same manner. You have to place sl order. Its not available in CO or BO.

Only solution is wait for the price to come to your trigger price and place it immediately.

pannet1

Friends,
I have Alice Blue account wherein I am facing a weird problem when placing BO orders -
Say for example:
I had recently SOLD GoldM at BO. At the time of placing the order CMP was between 46950-46930.
I wanted to Sell < 46900 i.e. Trigger Price - 46899; Price 46895;
However, when I placed the BO order, immediately got executed @ 46935. (Please note that I wanted to sell when the price went below 46900; but it got executed immediately). I was fortunate to Exit in Profit - else would have landed in a mess

Since I had faced similar problem earlier with CO order, I did the recording while placing this order. The video was sent to AB Support to team and below is their reply.

Can you please revert if whatever they are claiming is true, as I am new to BO/CO orders and hence requesting inputs from experts please

Also, attaching the link of the screen recording - for reference, if required. Alice Blue Screen Recording of BO order placing

Warm Regards- AR Bhapkar

-----------------REPLY FROM ALICE BLUE TEAM-----------------
Hi A R Bhapkar,

Thanks for contacting Aliceblue !!

1. When placing Buy Limit orders, the limit price entered must be below the Current Market price

2. When placing Sell limit orders, the limit price entered must be above the current market price

Ex - if the CMP of a scrip is 100, buy limit orders must be placed below 100 (95,99 etc), & sell limit orders must be placed above 100 (101,108 etc)

If the above rule isn’t followed, even limit orders will get executed as market orders.
---------------------------------
good work

All limit orders whether its BO or CO or simple limit orders will be executed in this same manner. You have to place sl order. Its not available in CO or BO.

Only solution is wait for the price to come to your trigger price and place it immediately.

Sir

Aware of that... I wanted to know whether their reply is correct or not
"

"

warm regards-ARB

Sir

Aware of that... I wanted to know whether their reply is correct or not
"

"

warm regards-ARB
Yes their explanation is correct