Algorithm. Here an other way how they are used in today's world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanPickUp

Dan, I don't know the future. Ofcourse, nobody does. Though I believe my data is of no use to anybody, especially governments - and so I don't mind if they collect it - if it will help to keep me and my family safe. My personal data on my laptop or my communication will help NSA as much so to say an dictionary will be useful for a fish - though a dictionary has a lot of data.

I again understand your line of thinking because in the past Govts. especially in Europe and in communist states have used information against its people. (Not being political here) But to be frank - even if the Govt. did not have the data, they could have had human intelligence and used it against their enemies - as is happening in war torn countries.

In an ideal world, there would be no need for any information, data or intelligence. People would go about their lives doing what they wanted. But I believe the times we live in are something that never was in any past history. One human has the potential to cause evil and destruction on a scale that can only baffle the mind. And again, I say that much of the evil acts of terrorist are stopped - because the Govts. (who I would say are good) fight the evil guys by snooping on them.

It is unfortunate that in the name of freedom, a person who wants to kill hundreds, if not thousands of people who have done his absolutely no harm, gets the same protection from snooping as that of an ordinary citizen who wants to live a decent life and see the welfare of his family.

These are extraordinary times that we live in Dan. Though I imagine the world we live in was like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs
@DSM

Are you working for any of them or do you really believe in what you post? If so, then good luck to your way of making propagande for them in your name. Have they protected any terrorist attack near your home or any where else in your country in the last few years?

No more coments on that from my side.

Good luck and all the best / DanPickUp

By the way: 100 Billions and more of data collected in one month and this only because of terrorist attacks. :lol::lol: Sorry, I knwo you are a good and helpfull person, but this is a bit na.....

DSM

Dan, Maybe we can agree to disagree on this. I respect your opinion without getting personal - No, I 100% believe in what I post, and have always made a honest, moral and a ethical living (I even debated a lot about ethics of shorting to make money, before I was comfortable with it) and still try to do so - and again I don't work for the Govt. or create propaganda for them.

Your question 'If they have prevented any attack near my home or country' I really believe they have. Can it be proved? This question is not logical - Something that is prevented and hence did not happen. How can it be proved.? It's like saying a robbers had no intention to steal at a bank because he saw the security and walked away. Can it be proved how many robberies were prevented because there was security at the bank? The robbery did not happen, so how can one prove something that is not happening or happened.?

Dan, I do respect you as an individual, as a person who has independent thinking and is a good options trader and I suppose a good human being as well. As I said, let's agree to disagree on this. I just posted - as I believe that exchange of ideas, even if different from each other help us understand better. Your ideas are different from mine, and it perfectly o.k with me that you hold such a position, though it is opposite to what I believe - We are individuals and all cannot think alike, unless we are unfortunate to live in a place like in North Korea.

Peace!

@DSM

Are you working for any of them or do you really believe in what you post? If so, then good luck to your way of making propagande for them in your name. Have they protected any terrorist attack near your home or any where else in your country in the last few years?

No more coments on that from my side.

Good luck and all the best / DanPickUp

By the way: 100 Billions and more of data collected in one month and this only because of terrorist attacks. :lol::lol: Sorry, I knwo you are a good and helpfull person, but this is a bit na.....

Status
Not open for further replies.