Algo trading with Zerodha account (Not using kite API)

pannet1

I was searching for automatic execution of orders using Python for my Zerodha account. I dont want to spend so much on API at this stage when I'm trying out things.

Has anyone tried automating placing of orders using Selenium?
i have. can place an order just like firing a bullet. beyond that its difficult to get around the js vomit. besides they change the html/css.
if the API is costly for you, then the recent increase in brokerage should also be costly. just recheck.

I was searching for automatic execution of orders using Python for my Zerodha account. I dont want to spend so much on API at this stage when I'm trying out things.

I switched to interactive brokers for exactly that reason.

i have. can place an order just like firing a bullet. beyond that its difficult to get around the js vomit. besides they change the html/css.
if the API is costly for you, then the recent increase in brokerage should also be costly. just recheck.

Recent development. I've developed a wrapper around KiteConnect - https://marketsetup.in/documentation/jugaad-trader/

This allows you to just trade with your normal username and password, API is mostly similar to KiteConnect so once logged in its you can use pretty much as per standard KiteConnect documentation

Let me know your feedback.

Last edited:

pannet1

Recent development. I've developed a wrapper around KiteConnect - https://marketsetup.in/documentation/jugaad-trader/

This allows you to just trade with your normal username and password, API is mostly similar to KiteConnect so once logged in its you can use pretty much as per standard KiteConnect documentation

Let me know your feedback.
you are incredibly gracious and kind. i will try to get a feed back.
sleep(10000000)

Hi, I have developed a code to source zerodha live data and approach to place order on zerodha via api in R(current charge by Zerodha 2000+2000). So, overall using my code would make your data sourcing and order placement free. Let me kmow if you are interested in code.

tradermodified

Hi, I have developed a code to source zerodha live data and approach to place order on zerodha via api in R(current charge by Zerodha 2000+2000). So, overall using my code would make your data sourcing and order placement free. Let me kmow if you are interested in code.
please provide more details and total cost etc.

TracerBullet

Using a hack does run the risk of being caught and then its upto zerodha on what action they might take.
Best case scenario, they fix the hack. Worse case : they ban your trading account too.
Not saying that they will do that but why take the risk? Once you scale up they are probably one the better options for trading.

1) Fyers api is free for trading and works well.
2) IB has the best platform but they have their own limitations - good option for FnO or overnight stocks.
They also give live/historical data and platform is very stable. Minimum Rs 200 per month in brokerage or 10L in account.