Algo platforms

iTrade

API trading is the best option for retail traders as of now. You can code your own logic and send orders to broker systems. I trade with upstox api using python and automated it end to end. It works fine unless issues from broker side like network issues, volatile day, etc.
Those who are not familiar with coding/programming can take a look at amibroker to nest plugin providers. Recently i have tried one at www.automaticbuysell.com and its good for those who use amibroker and want to put orders to nest. No coding needed and so I thought of trying it. Only issue i found with them is that orders are processed sequentially and each order placement takes avg around 5 seconds. Good thing is they support all order types like market, stoploss market, limit orders and cover orders.
Last year i tried robotrade as wel but its limited to market orders. It really depends on one’s trading style and strategy and what you want to achieve.

Raj232

API trading is the best option for retail traders as of now. You can code your own logic and send orders to broker systems. I trade with upstox api using python and automated it end to end. It works fine unless issues from broker side like network issues, volatile day, etc.
Those who are not familiar with coding/programming can take a look at amibroker to nest plugin providers. Recently i have tried one at www.automaticbuysell.com and its good for those who use amibroker and want to put orders to nest. No coding needed and so I thought of trying it. Only issue i found with them is that orders are processed sequentially and each order placement takes avg around 5 seconds. Good thing is they support all order types like market, stoploss market, limit orders and cover orders.
Last year i tried robotrade as wel but its limited to market orders. It really depends on one’s trading style and strategy and what you want to achieve.
It would have been better if some traderji guys has to have something opensource, since this is a financial product !!
However, it seems it will take time before things change in the Indian Market :)

There are so many retail algo trading platforms with advanced features in India, but a number of us still continue to use the same Amibroker blah,blah,blah..any particular reason?

Raj232

There are so many retail algo trading platforms with advanced features in India, but a number of us still continue to use the same Amibroker blah,blah,blah..any particular reason?
retail algo trading platforms with advanced features in India ... which ones, I havn't seen a youtube video showing clearly that the algo is working 100% .. either it is mimicking keystrokes or else , just a single transaction is shown.. no clarity on problems like partially filled orders etc which can arise :)

mastermind007

Have you tried the C# platform? Since you know coding, I don't think it should be difficult for you to adapt...Cost is another factor, especially in India and these guys are giving it away for free. I am going through some of their source codes and getting help in setting it up
Who, Who is giving it for free? C, C++ and C# are the core languages that I worked for most of my career. C++ was launched in early 1992 and I was working on it in 1993. C# was launched in 2001 and I got into it in 2003.