Again a silly question(Please dont mind)

Hi,
Reliance petroleum put is @28.10 , Strike price is180.

Strike Price Lot Size LTP Option Type
180.00 1675 28.10 Put
So any body can buy it and make a huge profit.But why its not happening?
Can anybody explain me?
Subrata

rajeshn2007

Last traded price is 28, fine. but it must have traded 3 months before. check out the last trade date. no trades have happened today.
regards
rajesh n

Hi,
I am a very small investor and learning the tricks of trading.Till now i have bought some Tata steel ,Sesa goa and had sold nominal amount of shares for loss,I was a investor and not v good at that,so I registered myself to Traderji to learn some tricks of trading.My next question:)

Contract Position Qty Trigger Price LTP Margin On

3100-PE Sell 50 3,254.40 68.00 16,686.50

To day I sold Nifty 3100 put @50 and didnot put any stop loss,but what this trigger price is 3,254.50.Any help will be appreciated.

Subrata

AW10

Hi,
I am a very small investor and learning the tricks of trading.Till now i have bought some Tata steel ,Sesa goa and had sold nominal amount of shares for loss,I was a investor and not v good at that,so I registered myself to Traderji to learn some tricks of trading.My next question:)

To day I sold Nifty 3100 put @50 and didnot put any stop loss,but what this trigger price is 3,254.50.Any help will be appreciated.

Subrata
This trigger price has nothing to do with stoploss. It is used for margin calculation.
As I understand, the current margin requirement of 16686 is sufficient as long as Nifty is above 3254. If NIFTY goes below 3254, there will be additional margin requirement.

Subrata, hope you understand the risk involved with selling options. As an option seller, you are taking obligation with unlimited (theoratically, in reality, still significantly high) for limited reward. If market falls, then this put will gain in value and you will have to buy it back at much higher price then initial premium that u have collected. (your are currently loosing Rs 18/- on this position i.e.30% of premium that u have collected). Successful Option sellers either have fat wallet or they manage the risk well. Hope you are taking care of it.

Happy Trading

rajeshn2007

Hi,

Subrata
you have said, you are a small investor and beginner. so best help would be to say - avoid futures and options. that too selling puts at these levels is highly dangerous.
regards
rajesh n