afl on oboi (on balance open interest)

xsis

hi traders

since, i dunno programming well, can any1 help me getting afl for on-balance open interest (OBOI). its same as that of on-balance volume (OBV).

the logic for OBOI is roughly like this (ignore the below logic if i am technically wrong!)

SUM{OI+, Period} - SUM{OI-, Period}

where OI+ is the open interest on up days (close higher than previous close) and vice versa!

thks guys

mastermind007

hi traders

since, i dunno programming well, can any1 help me getting afl for on-balance open interest (OBOI). its same as that of on-balance volume (OBV).

the logic for OBOI is roughly like this (ignore the below logic if i am technically wrong!)

SUM{OI+, Period} - SUM{OI-, Period}

where OI+ is the open interest on up days (close higher than previous close) and vice versa!

thks guys
Code:
OMinus = IIf(Ref(C,-1) > C, OpenInt, 0);
OPlus = IIf(Ref(C,-1) < C, OpenInt, 0);
Plot(Sum(OPlus, 14) - Sum(OMinus, 14), "OB", colorBlack, styleLine | styleOwnScale);
What is use of this?

Hello

Its conceptually wrong, OI and Vol are two different things

Volume starts from ZERO and is counted to XXXXX (day/bar volume)
OI is cumulative it starts at previous days value is added/reduced days activity to get today's final result

try using OI delta i.e. the difference/change in OI that happened today to built any sort of indicator

Happy :)

mastermind007

Hello

Its conceptually wrong, OI and Vol are two different things

Volume starts from ZERO and is counted to XXXXX (day/bar volume)
OI is cumulative it starts at previous days value is added/reduced days activity to get today's final result

try using OI delta i.e. the difference/change in OI that happened today to built any sort of indicator

Thats precisely what I was thinking !!! ...

mastermind007

xsis

How should I know? You wanted them combined so I gave you AFL to combine 'em. Just because 2 numbers exist, you cannot always add 'em up. As Happy pointed out Volume starts at zero each day whereas OI does not.

Hello

We can look at OI as accumulated volume for a specific series, for options traders the change in OI is an excellent tool, but they anyway track it.
It could also be used to define S/R, but the SP on options in NSE are 100 points apart, so makes better sense to use Volume at Price (MP) to define the S/R