AFL Code to change Timing in Analysis

kgsirasangi

i put the code like you have written ( i just replaced Sensex with $NIFTY)
I did get email alert but as follows:

BUY triggered for + $NIFTY() - In BODY OF MESSAGE
and TOPIC as Alert: Buy (1) BLUECHIP.EQ-NSE on 19-11-2009 09:58:00

I got same body for diff. messages while topic with scrips generated BUY !
Although it doesnt mention at what price buy is generated?

asnavale

Anant I just copied your line....

It works fine..
Alert: Buy (1) ACC.EQ-NSE on 20-11-2009 09:55:00
BUY triggered for ACC.EQ-NSE

Can it mention the price too?
Hi Vicky,

K G Sirasangi has already given the modification to get the price (Close Price when Buy/Sell Trigger generated).

Thanks for noticing the background and appreciating. The AFL is under development. (Probably works for both EOD and Intra-day).

-Anant

Last edited:

asnavale

Thanks a lot to both of you... you guys rock !!

Anant can I have your AFL ? Thanks :))
The AFL will be posted once I Live Test it. You can occasionally check the thread "Stocks to Keep An Eye... Chapter II" by Savant Garde. The first post By SG has links to my AFL posts. I am regularly posting there. When I post the AFL I will post a message here also for you.

-Anant

AlertIf( Buy, "Email", "BUY triggered for " + Name() at price Rs."+WriteVal(C,5.2), 1,1+2 );

This line is giving syntax error.. any idea why?

While previously AlertIf( Buy, "Email", "BUY triggered for " + Name(), 1,1+2 ); was working fine.

Kindly advise.

asnavale

AlertIf( Buy, "Email", "BUY triggered for " + Name() at price Rs."+WriteVal(C,5.2), 1,1+2 );

This line is giving syntax error.. any idea why?

While previously AlertIf( Buy, "Email", "BUY triggered for " + Name(), 1,1+2 ); was working fine.

Kindly advise.
There is a syntax Error in the Line.

The correct Syntax is:

AlertIf( Buy, "Email", "BUY triggered for " + Name() + " at price Rs."+WriteVal(C,5.2), 1,1+2 );

-Anant

asnavale

I will be testing it Live (with actual prices during Market hours) for about a month. If it is successful i will post it around new Year.

-Anant