AFL code for Candle

x is an array storing True or False i.e One or Zero, that is what you are getting, right or wrong your decision . . .

Happy :)

MSN1979

Sir, it is giving 1 n 0 for true n false condition :)

Hi romeo thanx so its a Boolean operator, so we have 1 and 0 this part is clear. Now even if its a Boolean operator why we only have 5 values? If we look above the chart posted above value of x changed much more then 5 times? ( I am saying this by the number of times it has plotted the dots on chart)

Romeo1998

Sir, its bcoz of the periodicity selected in exploration, periodicity in exploration seems to be Daily n chart is of 5 mins, hence chart has more dots n exploration has only 5 values

MSN1979

This code is posted by Josh on Vijay Thread. It has few errors. It should only print a pivot if
1543043352450.png

first candle high is taken out by "n" number of candles. and only after second high is broken it should print a minor pivot low, exactly same for pivot highs.

Also in case a pivot is taken out directly by 1 candle then also it should print a pivot. I would request Happy and Romeo to look into this.

_SECTION_BEGIN("Trading System - Parameters");

pivotoff = ParamToggle("Pivot Off","No|Yes",0);

if (pivotoff == 0) {

SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", colorWhite, styleNoTitle | styleCandle);
SV_LP=Param("Lookback Period for pivot?",4,2,50,1);
PH = H > Ref(HHV(H,SV_LP),-1) AND Ref(HHV(H,SV_LP),SV_LP)<=H;
PHP = ValueWhen(PH,H);
PL = L < Ref(LLV(L,SV_LP),-1) AND Ref(LLV(L,SV_LP),SV_LP)>=L;
if(ParamToggle("Suppress Successive Same Pivots?","No,Yes")){
PH = ExRem(PH,PL);
PL = ExRem(PL,PH);
}
if(ParamToggle("Plot Pivots?","No,Yes",1)){
PlotShapes(IIf(PH,shapeSmallCircle,shapeNone),colorGreen,0,H,12);
PlotShapes(IIf(PL,shapeSmallCircle,shapeNone),colorRed,0,L,-12);
}
}
_SECTION_END();

/*************************End of Pivot Breakout System***************************/
_N(Title = StrFormat(EncodeColor( colorPaleGreen ) + "{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} " + " Open %g," + " Hi %g, "
+ " Lo %g, " + " C %g {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C )
+EncodeColor( colorRed ) + "\n"+", LH = " + NumToStr(Ref(H,-1), 1.4) + ", LL = "
+ NumToStr(Ref(L,-1), 1.4) + ", LH2 = " + NumToStr(Ref(H,-2), 1.4) + ", LL2 = " + NumToStr(Ref(L,-2), 1.4));

mastermind007

Storing of data is handled by Amibroker. you need to simply use the data array....

One way to see five min candle on 1 min chart is follows

Minx = Minute();

fiveMin = (Minx % 5) == 0;

fiveMinOpn = ValueWhen(fiveMin, Open);
fiveMinHgh = Iif(fiveMin, High, HHV(High , BarsSince(fiveMin) + 1));
fiveMinLow = IIf(fiveMin, Low , LLV(Low , BarsSince(fiveMin) + 1));
fiveMinCls = ValueWhen(fiveMin, Close);

mastermind007

To test whether it breaches five min low, you can write....
lowbreached = Low < fiveMinLow;

If you want value of low that broke the price, you need to write

breaker = IIf(Low < fiveMinLow, Low, Null);

If you mix and match array variables and scaler variables, amibroker will whine sometimes but most of the time it will hide the error and slow down the execution

doss186

No Bro

On 5 min chart we have
What I mean is at 9:15 we have first candle. Second candle starts at 9:20 and ends at 9:25. So I would simply like to store data for both 5 min candles and compare its OHLC values.
If you want to store the difference between 5min candle you have to define what is firstbar, secondbar and so on.
I think you meant is this?

Attachments

MSN1979

If you want to store the difference between 5min candle you have to define what is firstbar, secondbar and so on.
I think you meant is this?
yes this is great. my end result is DYNAMICALLY compare candles till I have the following result and keep repeating it till end of day with marking pivots of all charts. If you need more understanding , I am trying to code Vijay break of 3 bar method called as pivot.

For plotting MPL - Minor Pivot low on chart on 5 min chart

IF First candle high is broken by 2nd candle OR n number of candles.
And 2nd high is broken by 3rd candle or subsequent number of n candles
OR
Last mph is directly taken out even by 1 or 2 candles then also low should be mpl or Pivot Low

For Plotting MPH - Minor Pivot High
IF First candle LOW is broken by 2nd candle OR n number of candles.
And 2nd Candle Low is broken by 3rd candle or subsequent number of n candles
OR
Last mpl is directly taken out even by 1 or 2 or n number of candles then also low should be mph or Pivot High

Last edited: