Afin's trading diary

My dear friends, I had just returned from stocking upon supplies.

While I was able to procure household essentials for a possibly anticipated long haul, medicines seem to be an issue. I had in the past, even before the PM's address on Janata Curfew visited a couple of pharmacist chains for my wife's prescription medicines which had been in short supply.

Earlier, getting 4 strips of the medicine was a challenge. Now getting 2 also seems to be so. I have been anticipating supply chain disruptions but it looks like things will get more challenging and tighter.

Point I am tryin to make is, be vigilant and watchful.

My dear friends, I had just returned from stocking upon supplies.

While I was able to procure household essentials for a possibly anticipated long haul, medicines seem to be an issue. I had in the past, even before the PM's address on Janata Curfew visited a couple of pharmacist chains for my wife's prescription medicines which had been in short supply.

Earlier, getting 4 strips of the medicine was a challenge. Now getting 2 also seems to be so. I have been anticipating supply chain disruptions but it looks like things will get more challenging and tighter.

Point I am tryin to make is, be vigilant and watchful.
Right, I had to visit 3 different shops to get medicines today. Forget reaching Jan Aushadi (which are far off), I had to pay full price at the chemist who normally offer 10-15% discount. The medicines which I would normally get for Rs. 200-250 at Jan Aushadhi, I paid 720Rs !! It's going to burn me up for many days now.

Right, I had to visit 3 different shops to get medicines today. Forget reaching Jan Aushadi (which are far off), I had to pay full price at the chemist who normally offer 10-15% discount. The medicines which I would normally get for Rs. 200-250 at Jan Aushadhi, I paid 720Rs !! It's going to burn me up for many days now.
Sir jee please try 1mg or the medplus app for door step delivery :)

Medplus app has a somewhat extensive coverage down south especially in my hometown of Hyderabad. I believe it is a startup from Hyd (not sure!). In Bhubaneswar where I am currently based, they offer somewhat limited coverage.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Actually, I don't disapprove. I have, in past, written to pgportal suggesting that sector/project donations should be provided for in PM relief fund. e.g. "for flood relief", "for medical relief" etc.

The donor may want to give as per his preference, and if he doesn't find an outlet in government charities, he may resort to other charities.

A lot of people give money to charities for cow protection, old age homes etc. Wish there were government charities for specific purposes.
After PM Modi announced separate account for relief fund, now Maharashtra CM too has created new sub account under CM Relief fund. Looks like PM and CM are reading TJ ;)

https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampproje...vastation-is-a-mirror-for-climate-change/amp/

COVID-19 is one virus. Just one. Climate change impacts will bring many new illnesses, as we have seen from the spread of the Zika virus. There are possibly viruses lying dormant in the melting permafrost, now. There will be existing illnesses related to water and air quality, land use and agriculture that are exacerbated by climate. There will be increased flooding, tornadoes and wildfires. We won’t have the luxury of dealing with them one at a time, since they are coming at us with a random and unpredictable speed and intensity.

But Oyo don't do nothing in India!

1585555680357.png