Afin's trading diary

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Better to spread ones risk across brokers. I have about 10 L in zerodha. Hence i opened an account with Interactive Brokers a week ago. Will be putting 2020 funds there. Spread across cdsl and nsdl.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Buying Idea at low and seating on profit of 50% should matter too, no?
It was imperative for telecom companies to raise the price. JIO would have liked to remain cheaper option but Govt request (specially from Gujarat Duo) cannot be ignored.

Why govt would be interested? Why competition watchdog not stepping in to prevent synchronised price rise which is sort of monopoly by three telecoms? Answer is that govt need that 1.5lakh cr money desperately and they would NOT want any (more) companies to go bankrupt with higher job losses. So solution was simple, ask JIO to increase tariffs too.

I must say investing in telecom would have been political decision rather than fundamental or technical

Buying Idea at low and seating on profit of 50% should matter too, no?
It was imperative for telecom companies to raise the price. JIO would have liked to remain cheaper option but Govt request (specially from Gujarat Duo) cannot be ignored.

Why govt would be interested? Why competition watchdog not stepping in to prevent synchronised price rise which is sort of monopoly by three telecoms? Answer is that govt need that 1.5lakh cr money desperately and they would NOT want any (more) companies to go bankrupt with higher job losses. So solution was simple, ask JIO to increase tariffs too.

I must say investing in telecom would have been political decision rather than fundamental or technical
The moment all the lobbyists were on board, it became very much a political gamble. Who are we but smallest of the smallest plankton on which the small fish feed! :p There are bigger 10000000x sized whales in the market out there.

On a side note do read this book called the https://www.theguardian.com/books/2006/jan/28/biography.politics It would alter your perspective of how foreign policy and economics and military campaigns intersect and how they play out!

Also, yes the telecom industry has indeed become cartelized. I wouldn't invest in telecom and aviation for sure even if I would take some trades on that. I am not talking of investing here which would mean one has to sit tight and hold positions for atleast 7 to 10 years or more.

Will having too much idle cash and leveraging less help?
I am not worried about the clearing houses - CDSL or NSDL. I would be least bothered with where my stock would be lying assuming I am investing and holding for such a longish time frame (atleast 7 to 10 years). Because you can easily transfer holdings from one clearing house to the other as long as you have the demat certificates for that.

I am more concerned about the deployable capital. I think if one has idle cash, it has to be funnelled into a SB a/c and not let it idle and earn 0 interest for you.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
The moment all the lobbyists were on board, it became very much a political gamble. Who are we but smallest of the smallest plankton on which the small fish feed! :p There are bigger 10000000x sized whales in the market out there.

On a side note do read this book called the https://www.theguardian.com/books/2006/jan/28/biography.politics It would alter your perspective of how foreign policy and economics and military campaigns intersect and how they play out!

Also, yes the telecom industry has indeed become cartelized. I wouldn't invest in telecom and aviation for sure even if I would take some trades on that. I am not talking of investing here which would mean one has to sit tight and hold positions for atleast 7 to 10 years or more.
offcourse anything bought recently is for trading perspective. there is no point in sitting on the position for so long.
If you time right, you can earn more from likes of hdfcbank, asianpaints in swing rather then holding for long term portfolio.

Last edited:
Should help anyone planning to invest in NCDs/ Bond markets in India. The so called highest rated "fail safe" bonds & CP sank overnight!

But investors who bet big money on DHFL bonds based on their top-notch credit ratings have had every reason to rue their decision. When DHFL issued its series of NCDs between 2015 and 2018, it enjoyed high investment grade credit ratings from not just one, but multiple rating agencies. Then, CARE and Brickworks rated its NCDs AAA, while CRISIL and ICRA rated its commercial paper issues A1+.