Afin's trading diary

thank you afin for replying. would you like to backtest this strategy for one month.it will take only little time. it is working great based on first candle ltp on 30minutes time frame.

thank you afin for replying. would you like to backtest this strategy for one month.it will take only little time. it is working great based on first candle ltp on 30minutes time frame.
I have been guided by some people I consider as genuine experts in the markets to test any intsrument you would want to trade for a minimum of 6 to 12 months on atleast 3 different time frames to gain a better understanding of different market conditions - range bound to trending. These also would account for any freak incidents like brexit/ Trump election or other major events etc etc.

For crude oil, remember to also account for inventory day. It would be best to sit on the sidelines for 1 hour until the inventory data is factored in to minimize your chances of whiplashes.

From my personal observations, 30 minutes is too small a timeframe for an instrument such as crude oil because it is traded for more than 12 hours in a day. I would consider the 1 hour time frame for intraday trading and 4 hours TF for swing trading.

Crude is an intraday buy as of now at around 9.30 am until the formation of an opposite entry.

1559534679493.png

I couldn't agree more with the following quote:

10c40ab713818bd7fd1df7bb059137c4.jpg
10c40ab713818bd7fd1df7bb059137c4.jpg

Last edited:
crude oil is at $56/3917 , it can fall to 55.60 but I think there could be a bounce may be till 4000 or whatever , only then fresh short positions should be created. Risk reward is not good for short now . what say ?

View attachment 35199
According to my understanding now momentem is negative and you can initiate fresh short below LOD(3910).

HEM
It has been very much a short. After 2.30 pm yesterday one saw a big vertical drop indeed.

Dear afin,
when Ravi bro asked about fresh short on friday(31-5-2019) then only here i was taking about new fresh short not the preceding short(Which was already running from 30-5-2019).
are bhai thodi bahut knowledge hame bhi hai par aapke jitani nahi hai...........:)

HEM

Last edited:
Dear afin,
when Ravi bro asked about fresh short on friday(31-5-2019) then only here i was taking about new fresh short not the preceding short(Which was already running from 30-5-2019).
are bhai thodi bahut knowledge hame bhi hai par aapke jitani nahi hai...........:)

HEM
Sirjee I am also still at a beginner level :D Have lost a lot in the markets since May, 2015 when I first started to trade. I am yet to finish a year in green :) Hope I can start to do that and make profits!

Last edited:
Vijay Pahwa of Wealth Park tweeted the following image on mutual funds' exposure to

DHFL
D8Rum0hUEAEjNa5.jpg large.jpg