Afin's trading diary

I am buying crude oil from here!
Equivalent MCX price is 4082 at the moment

1558955987553.png

I am buying crude oil from here!
Equivalent MCX price is 4082 at the moment

View attachment 35109
Position exited at 4130 yesterday. Fresh longs will be taken today again it seems like with probably a holding time of more than a day also.

Tracker:

1559009144328.png

Summary stats so far:
Total no. of trades = 5
Winning Trades = 3

Next up will be to properly calculate the risk-reward ratios and stuff like that, which I have so far omitted because this is virtual cash on the line. The startup capital was assumed to be Rs. 10,000

Last edited:
I am short on SBIN for today. This can also be a short play on the futures! I am looking at 1% today.

1559019384726.png

Raj232

I have long cherished to open a trading diary. This is my shot at it.

The asset classes I would trade would primarily be equities on short term delivery basis and the energy specific commodities - crude oil and natural gas on the MCX exchange. I will be avoiding trades in options to the extent possible- both stock and index because of reasons I had always mentioned on this forum in various previous posts.

Method used would be revealed in a period of 4 to 6 months from now with explanations in a publicly available, sharable google sheet for members of the forum to comment and critique.

I had been on a 2 month break from my day job due to medical reasons and have quit the organization. I am currently in between jobs and am expected to join the new organization in the coming fortnight. It is upto me when to join :D So for want of funds, I would initially be doing paper trades, like I would with my normal money on the line and would also be using the same methodology and money management strategies. Once actual money is on the line, I would make it clear. Until that point is reached, all trades taken should be assumed to be using virtual cash alone.

Please also expect this thread to have one odd random musing here and there :)
Hey Afin Bro.. I didnt know you started your own thread :) Nice to see it.. and all the best for your new job :)
Btw, which field are you working in, just curious :)

Hey Afin Bro.. I didnt know you started your own thread :) Nice to see it.. and all the best for your new job :)
Btw, which field are you working in, just curious :)
Thanks a lot bro!

It is never easy when you are laid low by a medical condition and your older organization doesn't pay you for 2 months. It is pretty tough on the mind and the emotions especially with all the dues.

I am in between jobs at the moment. I am in a very niche consulting sector and my next job involves a lot of work with a UN body :p

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Thanks a lot bro!

It is never easy when you are laid low by a medical condition and your older organization doesn't pay you for 2 months. It is pretty tough on the mind and the emotions especially with all the dues.

I am in between jobs at the moment. I am in a very niche consulting sector and my next job involves a lot of work with a UN body :p
you mean priyanka chopra ?

Good thread for learning for beginners.
Thanks. I hope to be of some use. I have lost a truck load of money previously in the past few years and I guess everyone goes through these rigors when you have dedicated yourself to a trading career. Some of the others start off better.

I am indebted and grateful to a lot of people on this forum for having shaped my trading career. It is a continuous refinement. I would also suggest you to please look at @sanju005ind's rocket stocks thread https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/rocket-stocks-for-swing-and-positional.107248/ for a solid understanding of investments. Best to start off with investments and then progress to trading.

Many such threads by some legends of the stock markets exist here but this is something I am in favour of.