Afin's trading diary

pannet1

Ian Chappell is my favourite commentator. No one comes close. I personally learnt a lot and applied many of his nuggets of wisdom to my life. This is one piece of an interview I like. He had been saying this for a very long time but is reproduced in a written form. The entire one is a masterpiece in my opinion. I particularly like what he says here- it is also the title of the article.

'The art of commentary isn't telling people what they are seeing'

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/17508107/art-commentary-telling-people-seeing

From the Harvard Business Review
Why You Should Have (at Least) Two Careers
https://hbr.org/2017/04/why-you-sho...-O9Z7D8yPQZdaKjjf7OQsUqz_N4sueV_f1tMq7lcIyX9U

I am glad I spent the last 4 years of my life learning a new craft. I hope to soon become a full-time trader so that I do enough justice to being dedicated to one career. It was a necessity to juggle two different paths at the same time. I hope to remedy that soon enough :)

x

Last edited:
Since everyone is talking of Sonbhadra and it's gold, here's a fact for you:

Aurangazeb looted India and sent Mecca 70 lakhs of gold back in the day.

I'm trying to imagine how much the amount would be in current day terms.

Attachments

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Since everyone is talking of Sonbhadra and it's gold, here's a fact for you:

Aurangazeb looted India and sent Mecca 70 lakhs of gold back in the day.

I'm trying to imagine how much the amount would be in current day terms.
Article says 30 lakh rs over 7 yrs, which would be peanuts for the income generated by his govt. (rupees use to be in silver in those times and 10rs was around 1 sterling pound aka gbp)
based in inflation calendar available on internet, even 70 lakh rs would be around 156 million gbp in present terms

Revenue of mughal govt was around 38 million pound in 1670.

Edit: interesting fact, as young prince, his daily allowance was 500 Rs(50 gbp) when he was 14yrs