Afin's trading diary

throw in some FMCG to the mix...

I think IEX is at it's low as of now.
Thanks to you, I discovered the following :) I thought these two are competing companies. But no!

1558693523246.png

I guess Berger SG and Berger Paints India could be two different legal entities... not sure..

I thought Asian Paints would come under chemicals, but it's FMCG...
Ok. I have to define what constitutes FMCG for me:

Hindustan Lever
ITC
Dabur
Godrej CP

Asian Paints is still a chemicals/ paints company for me.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Not particularly a fan of FMCG. I absolutely do not like the idea of idiots graduating from IITs who go unto IIMs who in turn join these big FMCGs to sell hair oil and shampoos. To me it is a sheer waste of tax rupees flushed down the drain. So for that reason alone, I had decided long back to not invest/ trade in FMCGs. It is a sector I would avoid even if it gave me a 10x return in a single year.
Same logic applies to banking & finance, people graduate from IIT (or even MIT in US) to join B&F to sell mortgage or mf products.

No one wants to be scientists anymore, first question people ask is will I get job and how much I could earn after getting degree.

I am unable to properly determine which direction crude oil shall take today. I am still sitting on the sidelines to confirm the direction. Best to sit on the sidelines until a proper signal is generated.

My next trade is going to be a small intraday trade on the Indigo counter. The stock has rallied beautifully. It still is a buy on the daily charts.

I am going to short with a small target only therefore! :) Usual disclaimers of tight SLs apply. Entry price is 1634.45 Might look at a 0.08% target from here.

1558945720918.png

From an observation viewpoint, Indigo 1600 Put Option May Expiry is priced at 23.8. I am interested in testing a hypothesis so will go ahead and buy at market rate or at 24.0 whichever is quicker to purchase.

I am short on the stock right now.

Tracker so far with an startup capital of Rs.10,000 (in virtual cash at the moment):

1558949832894.png