Advice needed with regard to Option Trading

RiddhiPD

So,I have invested in NiftyBees through out the last year.Lets just say I have accumulated Niftybees around 500 units.

Now my queston is although I am In profit, recent hammering eroded a large amount of my position.So as a precautionary measure I want to hedge the position and maybe make a monthly income out of it.For this I am looking to sell option.

My choices are

1.selling naked call ( 1 lot) may be 600 points away in next month and wait for time value to go down.Even if nifty climbs up 600 point in a month and i see loss in option I can liquidate my position,if needed.

2.Selling Call spread to minimise the risk....but I am not sure how much away should I position the spread though.But it will minimise the risk quiet a lot.

3.Selling front ratio call spread.I have never attempted it.But can I get out of the position if I am in max profit zone?? I have never attempted it but if I do how and where do i place it....keeping in mind I am holding nifty bees so risk is limited.But I want minimize the risk as far as I can.

I want to hold niftybees as a investment.Keeping in mind please suggest something for me....

travi

The problem with selling naked in itself is risky but in your case you are selling naked calls which is hedged by long niftybees.

Selling Puts isn't a good idea bcos you'll be very directional, ie. LONG so a fall in Nifty will make a loss in both legs.

Either you can just sell a FAR OTM Call and keep rolling it as nifty moves. Keep in mind, the higher the IV (implied Volatility), more the gain.
This is like a covered call position.

incase you want to sell an ATM or near OTM, then to hedge it you can buy a slightly higher strike Call and hedge it but it wont make much sense since you have a Delta 1 long position in spot.. ie. SELL 10700CE and buy 10900CE
Just make sure you sell enough units backed by equal niftybees weightage. I think 750 bees equal to derivative 1 lot.

RiddhiPD

The problem with selling naked in itself is risky but in your case you are selling naked calls which is hedged by long niftybees.

Selling Puts isn't a good idea bcos you'll be very directional, ie. LONG so a fall in Nifty will make a loss in both legs.

Either you can just sell a FAR OTM Call and keep rolling it as nifty moves. Keep in mind, the higher the IV (implied Volatility), more the gain.
This is like a covered call position.

incase you want to sell an ATM or near OTM, then to hedge it you can buy a slightly higher strike Call and hedge it but it wont make much sense since you have a Delta 1 long position in spot.. ie. SELL 10700CE and buy 10900CE
Just make sure you sell enough units backed by equal niftybees weightage. I think 750 bees equal to derivative 1 lot.

Thanks for the suggestions.....will keep in mind.I am working on raising my niftybee units.....r