Advice needed for Kotak

Hello Friends,

Today i got a cal from Kotak they promised me a brokerage of .30 for Delivery, .02 for intraday, 30rs per lot for Options i want to know if it is ok shall i agree to the price. Is it cheap. :confused::confused:

Hello Friends,

Today i got a cal from Kotak they promised me a brokerage of .30 for Delivery, .02 for intraday, 30rs per lot for Options i want to know if it is ok shall i agree to the price. Is it cheap. :confused::confused:
Is this offer for any volume commitment or any kind of prepayment scheme? If not, then it is a good deal for Kotak securities.

However you can find extremely low brokerage of about 9 rs per lot for Futures n option from RKGlobal.

You can also look at a new player in the market called Zerodha. It charges only 20 rs per executed order flat irrespective of the quantity. They also have a second plan giving 0.1% for delivery and 0.01% for intraday. This is the lowest brokerage rates you can ever find with any broker in India.

Just curious. How did you get this offer from Kotak securities? Did you visit their local office or someone from their headquarters called you to give this lower brokerage plan offer?

Actually I am also with them but I am charged 90 rs per lot on nifty options as brokerage. I was thinking I may have to give them higher monthly volumes to ask them to lower my brokerage rates.

Just curious. How did you get this offer from Kotak securities? Did you visit their local office or someone from their headquarters called you to give this lower brokerage plan offer?

Actually I am also with them but I am charged 90 rs per lot on nifty options as brokerage. I was thinking I may have to give them higher monthly volumes to ask them to lower my brokerage rates.
Hi thanks, there is no commitment on volume or anything and this is not prepaid scheme. This is flat brokerage.

And regarding the offer i simply called to inquired about the brokerage rate and the next day a sales rep visited me. He explained me various schemes i told i dont want since the rates are high. Later he came up with this plan. He further said if i can start the account with 1 lak he can give me morecheaper brokerage like 20rs for options and .20 for delivery :D

Hi thanks, there is no commitment on volume or anything and this is not prepaid scheme. This is flat brokerage.

And regarding the offer i simply called to inquired about the brokerage rate and the next day a sales rep visited me. He explained me various schemes i told i dont want since the rates are high. Later he came up with this plan. He further said if i can start the account with 1 lak he can give me morecheaper brokerage like 20rs for options and .20 for delivery :D
Omg! I never knew this. :( I started my account by giving 50 thousand rupees as margin money and till October I had more than 1 lakh in my trading account but my brokerage rates were never lowered. :mad: Could you PM me the contact details of the sales rep offering you this low brokerage rate plan?

Btw, 20 rs for options and 0.20% for delivery but how much for intraday Futures and options brokerage rates? Actually, I am only intrested in trading intraday futures (also options) of nifty.

Hi smartboy1jan1982 can you please tell me how far is their calls trustable. The marketing guy said that they give 80% success in Intraday calls. Is it true.
No idea about their intraday calls as they are not free. They charge 50 rs or 100 rs per month for technical intraday calls sent on your mobile through SMSes.

Frankly I don't care about these buy and sell recommendations of any brokers. IMO, the money is yours and the responsibility to successfully trade your money is also yours, and not on Tips and recommendation Service Providers. If you don't have the time or inclination do your own research then you should look at PMS ( Portfolio Management service) service of brokers. If you don't want to invest a minimum amount of 5 Lakhs necessary to avail PMS service then one should look to do a SIP ( Sytematic Investment Plan) through 3 to 4 Mutual Funds.

Btw, I am from North India and the sales rep no you have given is from Tamil Nadu. :(