Advice choosing a BROKER

MSN1979

Hi, I have compared few brokers on Traderji, At present I am using sharekhan to trade and they charge me 100/- minimum commission per lot. So I have shortlisted a few. Please let me know if any broker has huge issues.

Zerodha - 20/- per lot, but many traders have complained about technical problems in zerodha (So I am not sure about it)
Trade Smart Online- 15/- per lot
SAS Online -9/- per lot ( I am really intrigued to sign up for SAS, if you guys can advice me on this broker)

Also Intrigued by the following : Pro stocks

Also are these discounted brokers safe? I mean do they block you from trading on crash days? etc etc.

Sharekhan never blocks me on crash or any other day (Provided I have margin in my account)

Please help me guys.

MSN1979

well i think sharekhan is good. But too expensive. It never blocks trades. The only downside in sharekhan is helpline and chat. But if u try really hard you can get through.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Has anybody any idea what the component Taxable Value of Supply means.This is the contract note of Asthatrade.

1520949598899.png

Last edited:

raj_singh

I had seen that finvasia & wisdom capital both have zero brokerage plan, member using finvasia & wisdom capital, please post your experience about their reliability, brokerages( any hidden cost ) & technical glitches..

I am trading with Finvasia and WisdomCapital, for quite some time now. But havent face any major problem or loss because of their negligence. Minor issues are always there with every other broker, but I do not remember, if I have faced one with them in recent past, (in this year). With Finvasia you can open online trading account, if you have aadhaar mapped with a mobile number. Finvasia has a online chat facility.

Only problem is NestTrader v 3.13, that they are providing (perhaps now providing newer versions) and I am using, (but no alternative to this, as now every other broker is providing v 3.13 - v 3.15) Problem with this version is, it takes a lot of time to go fully functional after login, if you do not take a trade say for 2 hours or so, then posting trade will take some time (something like hangup of buy sell pop up but not marketwatch), major one is that these versions are not pretty compatible with RTD (Joshi bro utility) and so backfill is a problem, if you have more scrips for backfill and further data table is from 9.16 rather than 9.15, while quotes (tick data) filling in ami starts from 9.15, so non-compatible datafill.

But its not their (brokers) fault.

okabira

Ok . so anyone using NSE NOW on finvasia / RKSV / Wisdowm etc etc ??

Pl. write pros and cons ..of using NSE NOW .. i heard t never hangs ...

also is Joshi jis RTD compatible with NSE NOW ??

RTD is compatible with NOW, but a different version
NOW is good for NSE, but one cannot trade for MCX on NOW, (dont know for BSE), and there is a problem of posting password if not used for 30 mins or so
otherwise a good trading terminal
Now the question is which broker is providing/supporting NOW

Last edited:

okabira

RTD is compatible with NOW, but a different version
NOW is good, but one can trade for MCX on NOW, (dont know for BSE), and there is a problem of posting password if not used for 30 mins or so
otherwise a good trading terminal
Now the question is which broker is providing/supporting NOW
so NSE NOW only for MCX and not equities ?