Advance Price Action Trading with Demand Supply & More

Reason I can see is very much there on this chart. should have exited both at top (in profit) and may be go short too
Sir, I tried to trade this on the pullback to the DZ and first time it failed. Then tried the other DZ at the bottom and it ended flat.

I am a noob. Trying to learn this. I understood the explanation. But thought the DZ would be attractive in perspective of R:R. Hence attempted the trade.

AlphaT

NTPC analysis.

Monthly: It is pretty much in a down trend with SZs being respected and DZs being busted on the way down. Recently it hit the DZ but hardly any buying power there which is evident from the fact that even before price could reach the next SZ from the DZ, price tanked back to the DZ which was now used up somewhat. So selling pressure on the HTF monthly!
1573539372701.png

Weekly: Here, Price was coming down and hit DZ which send price up to the two stacked SZs above, busted the first one but second one held and sent price down signalling seller insti(s) are pretty much dominant. Stacked levels (2 levels very very closed to each other or even touching each other. Sorry, I should have included this in the basic building block series! Will do soon!) In stacked levels, break of the first one is perfectly ok as long as the second or third one held! The DZ already had 2TB to it so pretty much depleted and river current on the downside.
1573541615779.png

Daily: On the daily, I can hardly call out any DZ, all compression below and SZs working like a charm! M/W/D all telling that selling insti(s) are clearly at the party!

1573540239855.png

Now with the W/M/D in view, let's take a look at LTF 15 min.

1573540782107.png

Notice where the 15 min zone is located with respect to the HTF Daily fresh SZ, right at its edge! So was it a good play to go long at a 15 min DZ? Not really! This makes it a lower probability trade when the HTFs are telling that Sellers (Instis) are dominant at the moment, and this was like going against them inside their bastion! Buying at 15 DZs was not a good idea but selling at good qualified 15 min SZ was! Its not that all DZ won't work in such scenarios, some will work, but going against the tide is always more stressful, so gauge the flow and go with the flow!

We all make mistakes which learning something in the initial stage, these were the trades I used to take as well, so don't worry! It's part of the learning curve. More you practice, spend time on this, more you will refine your reading skills.

Last edited:

AlphaT

Sir, Thanks for the detailed analysis. What will be the ideal scenario when trading Intraday. Can I just trade the DZ and SZ based on the 15 minutes time frame or should I always check with the HTF?
It's always better to check HTFs even for trading the LTFs. You want most factors to be in your favour during a trade since we know that trading is a game of probability. The way I do it is, make a list of stocks that have a clear HTF bias(flow) in one direction, then trade LTFs in that direction to maximize odds. This approach needs more effort but worth it! If you take trading seriously, like other imp activities, then Strong Efforts/कठोर परिश्रम/
கடின உழைப்பு/ ಕಠಿಣ ಕೆಲಸ ಕಷ್ಟಕರ ಕೆಲಸ/ ਸਖਤ ਕੰਮ is required.

AlphaT

Nestle India.

Monthly: Nothing to say much here.
1573544312816.png

Weekly: Again, nothing much to comment.
1573544470363.png

Daily: Seems like some profit taking is happening, only 1 DZ among the stocked zones is taken out not the other one yet, no can't ring the alarm bell yet but yes, time to be cautious! The new SZ formed should be watched closely, but initiate no shorting action as of now!

1573544744945.png

Hourly chart: Just looking at the hourly. I don't trade Nestle as such, it's only my investing darling!

1573546246421.png

RadhuK

Nestle India.

Monthly: Nothing to say much here.
View attachment 38605

Weekly: Again, nothing much to comment.
View attachment 38606

Daily: Seems like some profit taking is happening, only 1 DZ among the stocked zones is taken out not the other one yet, no can't ring the alarm bell yet but yes, time to be cautious! The new SZ formed should be watched closely, but initiate no shorting action as of now!

View attachment 38607

Hourly chart: Just looking at the hourly. I don't trade Nestle as such, it's only my investing darling!

View attachment 38608

cnestle.png

In weekly , is this not a SZ (marked with arrow)