Accounting Software suggestion

rh6996

Need suggestion for Accounting Software for maintaining Stock and Commodities trading account for family!
Visited the sites of MProfit and InvestPlus. There must be more that are as good and economical.
Please share your experience. Main issue is ease of use by a novice in accounts as well as computers. :p

shri_r3

Need suggestion for Accounting Software for maintaining Stock and Commodities trading account for family!
Visited the sites of MProfit and InvestPlus. There must be more that are as good and economical.
Please share your experience. Main issue is ease of use by a novice in accounts as well as computers. :p
Try GNUcash .
It is opensource and completely free. It has almost all features of premium package , simple user interface, can have as many different accounts , supports INR currency. Best is its free and open source.

pannet1

Try GNUcash .
It is opensource and completely free. It has almost all features of premium package , simple user interface, can have as many different accounts , supports INR currency. Best is its free and open source.
shri_r3,

Awesome suggestion. But does it run on Windows.

pannet1

without going into the tax returns filing the simplest method is to download it (your ledger) from your brokers website and store it in the cloud (or somewhere away from your computer).

religiously entering into another software is such a pain (particularly if you are scalper, day trader etc).

when it comes to entering details (other than order price) i had to mention the important of journals. i am doing it eventhough i am lazy because i am posting it here in traderji and i get comments from wiser traders.

travi

Was into some form of linux for about 2 decades now but never thought that gnucash working on windows.
thanks for the info.
Its good, I've been using it for years and they keep improving.
They even have mobile apps for Android etc.

pannet1

Its good, I've been using it for years and they keep improving.
They even have mobile apps for Android etc.
Yeap. Nice to know Ravi you are into the Linux thing. My primary OS is elementary and planning to jump to Porteus soon.