Accounting Software suggestion

travi

can gnucash handle trading/FnO ?
I track stocks and it handles mutual funds very well so it should handle FnO too. Only problem with FnO, you had have to create continuous labels for every expiry and strike CE/PE for which you traded which would pile up.
But that's how contract notes are in any back office s/w :D

travi

Statutory Auditor requires accounting to be done in that way.
Earlier, brokers didn't have back office and tax PnL etc
That's why a petition was started to reduce burden of Auditing on small scale Traders bcos everything is digital Trx.

It depends on u how u want to enter data, but the correct way, would be to enter it as detailed as the contract note itself :D

pannet1

Statutory Auditor requires accounting to be done in that way.
Earlier, brokers didn't have back office and tax PnL etc
That's why a petition was started to reduce burden of Auditing on small scale Traders bcos everything is digital Trx.

It depends on u how u want to enter data, but the correct way, would be to enter it as detailed as the contract note itself :D

I just had a closer look at my Z contract notes. I could not understand head or tail. It is just one column with value pairs. Are you referring to it. Also is there a Excel template which we can log our trades and it show the equity graph and other nice things. Even something online which can import excel trading history would also be fine with ability to journal.

travi

I just had a closer look at my Z contract notes. I could not understand head or tail. It is just one column with value pairs. Are you referring to it. Also is there a Excel template which we can log our trades and it show the equity graph and other nice things. Even something online which can import excel trading history would also be fine with ability to journal.
Actually Z has had the Backoffice "Q" which was a very useful tool and since then not doing anything offline.
Even the Tax PnL is good for auditing directly. Many reports can be extracted.
Unfortunately, since a month or 2, their entire thing is down, page doesn't load.
We're all eagerly waiting for that to be back up.