Account opening charges

hi
kotaksecurities.com guy assured me that they won't charge me a dime for the trading and demat account (excepting brokerage of course). He promised to waive my annual fees, DP charges (Rs. 30 per month) and account opening fees. Only strings attached was that I had to maintain a min. balance of Rs. 1000/- all the time.
But today when I logged on to my account (for the first time), there was a debit of Rs. 550/- towards NSE. Can any of you suggest me anything I should to get it reversed? How can they levy a charge without intimating the customer? What am I supposed to do?
Traderji, is there any kotaksecurities representative on these boards? can you give me their id/email?
Regards
Anupam

Traderji

Super Moderator
anupamjain008 said:
hi
kotaksecurities.com guy assured me that they won't charge me a dime for the trading and demat account (excepting brokerage of course). He promised to waive my annual fees, DP charges (Rs. 30 per month) and account opening fees. Only strings attached was that I had to maintain a min. balance of Rs. 1000/- all the time.
But today when I logged on to my account (for the first time), there was a debit of Rs. 550/- towards NSE. Can any of you suggest me anything I should to get it reversed? How can they levy a charge without intimating the customer? What am I supposed to do?
Traderji, is there any kotaksecurities representative on these boards? can you give me their id/email?
Regards
Anupam
It would be best to contact them directly with your problem. It has been my experience that most sales executives promise you just about anything to open an account. It is always best to verify all claims they make to you.