Accepting the Uncertainty of the Markets

arun said:
Here is an interesting article I would like to share with the other members of this forum. This article specially applies to professionals like CA's Dr's, MBA's and Engineers, etc who start trading in the markets with a preconcieved set of notions carried over from their professional life. As this was emailed to me, I do not know the author or source of this article.

Good one

I invest in the US and Developed markets, unfortunately I see that there are no easy ways to do any sort of systematic trading in the Indian markets for the small individual investor due to lack of data feeds and screening software.
If there are suitable fundamental stock screening and back testing software available for the retail investor, the small guy can outperform the benchmark by a wide margin.Most people in this site seems to be investing in random stocks hoping to make a quick buck.

I invest in the US and Developed markets, unfortunately I see that there are no easy ways to do any sort of systematic trading in the Indian markets for the small individual investor due to lack of data feeds and screening software.
If there are suitable fundamental stock screening and back testing software available for the retail investor, the small guy can outperform the benchmark by a wide margin.Most people in this site seems to be investing in random stocks hoping to make a quick buck.
What gave you that impression? Maybe some random reading of few posts ;) , but as they say it takes all type . . .

Do check out New Members Please Read This

It will take care of all your questions, has links to data feed and everything you are looking for. Lots of free resources.

And yes, welcome to traderji

Thanks
nb

I am sure there are lot of useful discussions,great people and resources in this site, thats why I am posting here.
However, I am yet to find a decent multi factor model ( P/E, P/S, valuation ratios, and basic price momentum ) screening and backtesting software at a decent price.

Here is an interesting article I would like to share with the other members of this forum. This article specially applies to professionals like CA's Dr's, MBA's and Engineers, etc who start trading in the markets with a preconcieved set of notions carried over from their professional life. As this was emailed to me, I do not know the author or source of this article.

Very good article.....Keep it up