About train ticket waiting list

Krushna

Hi,
I booked a train ticket to Chennai on paytm. At the time of booking the waiting list number was 9. Even in the message I have received it says WL-9. But now when I check the PNR status it says WL/42/GN. What does this mean?

What kind of waiting it was ? PQWL? GNWL ? RLWL ??

Anyway, the waitlisting tell you in terms and conditions that it can be changed depending on availability.

But you must write to Paytm with screenshots about it.

For booking train tickets, there is nothing better than IRCTC. Paytm has a lot of complaints, specially in booking bus tickets. I booked only once through Paytm, and they did not book "bedroll" for me, though I was charged. They refunded the charge later on, but there is always a screwup.

I think there is also an IRCTC app for reservations.

Krushna

When I saw on the IRCTC website before booking, it also said WL as 9. And now PNR check is showing as WL/42/GN. And I dont remember exactly what it was : PQWL/ GNWL / RLWL . I was under the imporession that since it is in May, until then 9 waiting list would get at least to RAC. But now if it showing as 42, then i think I should cancel online and book at the counted as as per the rules you are not allowed to board a train with online ticket that is in waiting list.

When I saw on the IRCTC website before booking, it also said WL as 9. And now PNR check is showing as WL/42/GN. And I dont remember exactly what it was : PQWL/ GNWL / RLWL . I was under the imporession that since it is in May, until then 9 waiting list would get at least to RAC. But now if it showing as 42, then i think I should cancel online and book at the counted as as per the rules you are not allowed to board a train with online ticket that is in waiting list.
IRCTC has a "confirmation probability" tab. I don't know if the other websites have it.

April-June/Jul is summer vacation time, the lists vary a lot. See if you have a better chance in some other class/ train. IRCTC has an option for finding alternative bookings.