About the User Reputation System

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthikmarar

.........This system shall gauge ratings based on popularity than the guidance, if any.

Cheers!
SS
It is very true as far as this forum is concerned unlike other leading US based forums where quality counts......

The system based on Thanks is faulty but then the questions is..... does it really matter?

Great posts like those in saint's Thread "Teaching a man to fish" would remain forever teaching the newbies as long as this forum exists.. while posts like " stoploss is xxxx" with ten "Thanks" would be forgotten the very next day..

S S

It is very true as far as this forum is concerned unlike other leading US based forums where quality counts......

The system based on Thanks is faulty but then the questions is..... does it really matter?

Great posts like those in saint's Thread "Teaching a man to fish" would remain forever teaching the newbies as long as this forum exists.. while posts like " stoploss is xxxx" with ten "Thanks" would be forgotten the very next day..
Hi!

Very Prompt comment fom the Moderator, and that too in line with my thoughts, is very satisfying. Thanks.

Incidently, can we do something to intoduce the "Spell check" before posting a message?

Cheers! Good Luck!
SS

karthikmarar

SS

Spell check can be done. For this if you are using IE you have to download iespell software and install. Please look on the right hand side top of the message replay pane. You will find the usual ABC with tick mark icon. Click that and you can download iespell software.

regards

columbus

SS

Spell check can be done. For this if you are using IE you have to download iespell software and install. Please look on the right hand side top of the message replay pane. You will find the usual ABC with tick mark icon. Click that and you can download iespell software.

regards
Otherwise in FIREFOX it is already incorporated.

U

uasish

The concept of reducing No. of thanks post by incorporating Thanks underneath the post also increases the Reputation points.
Like what happens in 'Jokes' of 'Chit-Chat section.

Fully in sync. that unlike past now a days someone with not so important posts get lots of ruputation points.

We know who is who & what is his/her contributions.:D

AMITBE

And how about those zillions of one line posts that never did anyone any good??

Who will volunteer to not just think their past posts through...and delete them...to not indulge in abjectly and utterly worthless one liners that merely reffer to abstract and obtuse indicators and their signals....bought this....sold that....for who the heck's benefit....and get those zillions of posts against their names???

This forum needs to clean up its act big time.
Often more than the 'smaller' threads, it is the threads being run by some elders here that need dumping for both obscurity of technical content and worthlessness as educative material.
For heaven's sake, leave home your almighty family jewels...those obscure and unilluminative lines on charts if you cannot bare your hearts, or share what lies beneath the hood.
It shows you up, believe me, in terrible and utterly mean light. It titillates and mystifies, and causes envy and grudging and frustration: this trading world comprises mostly of losers, who are not otherwise dimwitted and dense, but have chosen a very difficult path where there is only one guide in a hundred million, and where millions of shrill and shallow voices claim to have that hush hush magic indicator.

Come on guys, show you are the guides and leaders by the educational material posted here which in turn will open up new minds with new ideas, some of whom will carry this wonderful forum forward...this forum which is what it is, thanks to the hard work, spirit of sharing, and long and late hours of meticulous and painstaking work of a very few elders.

I'm not naming anybody here...and the expectation and hope is that there will be more than a little soul searching...and action taken...or not taken.

And please...if anyone feels there is any worth in this post, kindly refrain from clicking that thanks button.
Instead post new replies...and merely an aye or a nay would suffice as show of understanding, consent and solidarity with what is written here...or lack of it.

Thanks.

Amit.

Last edited:
C

Czar

Does this thanks or reputation make any sense ???? what is the use for getting upset or happy with this reputation ? believe me no one looks at the reputation of a member before reading their posts, at the most they look at the joining date of the member, atleast I do that...

but I will say the thanks option is wonderful, why, cause lots of times we just get answers from someone which as a courtesy we have to reply to that post & others that replied to my post or maybe if i agree with some post, the best way is to press thanks rather than blah blah yes you are right..... now this thanks saves me to do that & hand in hand the person who replied knows I acknowledged him.... saves time / space / formalities... that is the use of thanks....

so in my views most of you don't realize the actual use of THANKS

C

Czar

do you really think that if saint or Asishda or Amit etc would have 10 reps then i would look at their posts in a different way, reputation is recognized from the matter written not the points showing...

columbus

do you really think that if saint or Asishda or Amit etc would have 10 reps then i would look at their posts in a different way, reputation is recognized from the matter written not the points showing...

Czar,

Yes, some weightage system to be adopted in Reputation Calculation.Because CZAR thanking Columbus is different from Columbus thanking CZAR.

In cricket analogy Bangladesh beating Australia is different from Australia defeating Bangladesh.The later one is routine but the the first one is RARE.Accordingly the the first one should be rewarded handsomely.Alas!! In both the cases , the winner gets 2 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.