A Trading Learner's Diary

Am starting this thread where I will be logging my daily learnings at the end of the day... This is to ensure that I am disciplining myself (daily self study) as well as helping anyone else who may be floating around in the same boat as I am - understand finance, have been investing but when it comes to trading- zero! :(

So here'z to me and all others like me - All the best!

I have been slow learner today - was bogged down with some previous pending work- but atleast the diary ensures that no day should be = nothing learnt!! :)

I have heartfelt thanks for all senior members and experts who freely share their knowledge - with the intention of imparting knowledge, teaching and nothing else. A big big thanks to bvpraveen for the wonderful compilation of all the 'must read' threads by beginners.
Today's Learnings:

1. Opening an account in Zerodha (Have Angel, but it will be of no help in the beginning- as I will trade with a small small capital - the brokerage will effectively wipe out my corpus). Received the form- need to send back the documents from my end.

2. NO leverage for first 3 months of trading (how much so ever I may be tempted to)

3 Starting on Saint's teachings from tomorrow.

Till then - see ya!!

iyerboi

good luck! may your ledger multiply :)

:thumb:

Charting software + Verry slow

Charting software - downloaded chartnexus yesterday night and updated the bse data. updating the nse data right now. I have realized that reading Saint's / Other Seniors' readings will be more useful when I have charts open in front of me and am analyzing in parallel.

However, I am still ruing my lack of daily reading- work takes too much of time - but one day, the discipline and time management shall come!! :gunsmilie:

Started paper trading yesterday.
20th March- minifty-2 lots - booked a loss of 498

21st March:

1. minifty-2 lots- booked a profit of 777 at 30 points profit- exited too soon i feel- should have had the patience-it has shot-up by 71 points as of 1:39 pm.
(Ps: not calculationg brokerages/tax etc)

2. entered two Swing trades today - IDEA and ITC - basic uptrend- 'going with the eye' - as Saint always says.

3. Have started scanning all charts today to find more such stocks. This week, to make my scanning work easier, will be setting up basic EMA indicators on the platform.

Started and gave up on paper trading. Two reasons:
1. Nifty- calls were not mine. And if i don't understand the logic- just not comfy doing it.
2. Swing/positional calls - both went kaput.. no movements at all.
3. Have gone back to drawing board to :
- Tech Analysis - Basics
- My bible- SAINT once again
- Charting charting charting.
- Trying to set up conditions on my ODIN as i read - to track and test.