Votes: 15 8.5%
  • Relationship Articles

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • Behavoiral articles

Votes: 46 26.0%

• Total voters

amitrandive

Dear All

I firmly believe that trading is all in the mind.If you want to improve your trading success, you need to improve your thinking.

If you take a system which works reasonably well and give it to a trader having weak mindset and poor money management skills , he will still continue making huge losses.

If however you give the same system to a trader with a strong mindset and good money management skills , he will continue making huge profits.

I will post quotes/articles/short stories,etc related to Trading Psychology.

Hope this helps all fellow traders and Me as well.

Look forward to contribution from all.

amitrandive

How to Use the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-the-Emotional-Freedom-Technique-(EFT)

EFT is a powerful, drug-free, easy-to-learn and easy-to-use technique that can reduce stress or painful emotions associated with thoughts, past experiences, etc.

According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, there are several points on your body that are tapped gently with the tips of the fingers on one hand, whilst repeating certain relevant phrases at the same time.

The theory behind this technique involves the body's energy field, or "meridians", so named by the ancient Chinese. Whether you believe in energy fields or not, you might be curious enough to try this the next time you feel negative emotions - and be surprised by the results.

amitrandive

Step 2

Clarify your setup phrase, which must be specific. For example, "Even though I feel tense and angry when strangers look at me, I totally and completely love, forgive and accept myself anyway". Or, "Even though I fly into a rage when someone makes fun of my green hair and three heads, I totally and completely love, forgive and accept myself anyway".

Or, "Even though I have made huge trading losses, I totally and completely love, forgive and accept myself anyway". Get the idea?

Last edited:

amitrandive

Step 4

Come up with a reminder phrase.

This will be spoken aloud while tapping the other meridian points (refer to video below). Reminder phrases will be a brief reminder of the setup phrase, for example "strangers looking at me", "hate being looked at".

Or, "made losses", "feel gutted", etc.

amitrandive

Step 5

Tap through all of the following points, repeating your reminder phrase:

• Inner eyebrow, just above the inner "corner" of the eye, on the bone.
  • Outer eye: outside edge of the eye, on the bone.
  • Under the eye: below the center of the eye, again, on the bone.
  • Under the nose, between the nose and the lip.
  • On the chin, right in the middle where the crease is
  • On your chest. Find the "U" shaped bone below your throat, go down 2 inches and then 2 inches either to the right or left.
  • Under your arm: where your bra strap is or three inches under the crease of your arm. Guys, make a good guess.
  • Some people also like to tap their wrist points at this stage: Insides of wrists facing each other, tap them lightly together.
  • Top of head: In the middle.

amitrandive

Step 6

Now that you've completed your first round of tapping, ask yourself what level the emotion/feeling/discomfort is at, on a 1 to 10 scale again.

amitrandive

Step 7

Repeat the process until, at the end of the final round, when you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, it's 2 or less. In that instance, your final setup phrase could be, "Even though I still feel a little bit of anger/sadness/depression about (name of situation), I choose to let it go now as this feeling/emotion no longer serves me."