A Moving Average Trading System

Moving Average itself cannot win u trades. Most important you require money management. That is getting in at a desided condition and getting out at decided condition only. You can visit this address http://indiabulls.com/new_layout/markets/tech_analysis.asp?symbol=TCS
which will open you a charting page for TCS. You can enter NSE code of any scrip and see the chart. You can change the Moving Average days and see the effect. Just ensure to select those number of days which will capture most of the moves and keeps you always in trade. There after religiously follow the trend/days.. trade long or short according to the chart. Do not overtrade, have a margin cusion. You need capital to sustain in the market. Do not spend every paisa on trade. Be slow to enter but b very quick to exit. Even at the cost of losing a big trade, take care of your capital... returns will trickle in and will become pond/lake/sea.. have patience for a condition to trade to evlove... do not jump on hearsay

hello traders edge,

sometime back in this forum, you had asked me which service i use for intraday charting. I use metastock for charting and viratechsoftware for intraday data service.

i am looking for some cheaper solution . can u suggest me some data vendor ?

karthikmarar

Hi

I would like to share my observations on the MA trading system. I found that the following little changes reduced whipsaws to a good extent.

When the 39 MA(close) is moving up buy when the 3 MA(close) crosses up over the 13 MA(high) and/or when the 3 MA(close) crosses above the 39 MA(close). When the 13 MA(high) crosses above the 39 MA(close) consider adding to your long position. Exit and stand aside when the 3 MA(close) crosses back below the 13 MA(low).

The entry point is more delayed. But maybe it is better than being whipsawed often. :confused:

A more safer entry (of course less profitable :eek: ) will be as follows

regards

karthik

Buy when the 3 MA(close) crosses up over the 13 MA(high) and when the 13 MA(close) is above the 39 MA(close). Exit and stand aside when the 3 MA(close) crosses back below the 13 MA(low).

Looking forward to comments from seniors

yroyal said:
hello traders edge,

sometime back in this forum, you had asked me which service i use for intraday charting. I use metastock for charting and viratechsoftware for intraday data service.

i am looking for some cheaper solution . can u suggest me some data vendor ?
Hi yroyal,

To get cheap realtime intraday data, you can visit and contact the following websites;

www.stoxtrend.com - 24,000 pa with Trading system
www.technicaltrends.com approx 20,000 pa
www.leverageindia.com NO IDEA.

Hopefully this helps you out.

James Alex
Trend is your FRIEND, FOLLOW it.

LeverageIndia.Com is offering 1 min data at Rs12000 per annum. But one must have an IndiaBulls connection or ODIN . This service only provides a convertor which converts the tick data recieved from IndiaBulls and ODIN to Metastock. I am getting a demo done on 5th. I will post the result here, after that.

investock said:
LeverageIndia.Com is offering 1 min data at Rs12000 per annum. But one must have an IndiaBulls connection or ODIN . This service only provides a convertor which converts the tick data recieved from IndiaBulls and ODIN to Metastock. I am getting a demo done on 5th. I will post the result here, after that.

Any success with their data ??

jamesalex_us said:
Hi yroyal,

To get cheap realtime intraday data, you can visit and contact the following websites;

www.stoxtrend.com - 24,000 pa with Trading system
www.technicaltrends.com approx 20,000 pa
www.leverageindia.com NO IDEA.

Hopefully this helps you out.

James Alex
Trend is your FRIEND, FOLLOW it.
thank you very much for the invaluable information. I will just contact these parties and let the forum know the results ..