a few doubts i came across... i m a newbie..so plz help me out...

hi everyone...!!!
i m a newbie...i have 2 questions
1. what does 'obligation' in the 'trading account' option mean ?
2. if i buy a stock today as delivery...can i sell it off the same day(or square it off).... ?

the problem i m facing is suppose i bought stock ABC today and it has 5% capital gain the same day...can i sell it off the same day ?

bunny

Hi Aditya,

Obligation means that you are obliged to deliver the shares of a scrip to the buyer. That is, If you sell 100 RELINFRA, then you are obliged to deliver these shares to the buyer within T+2 days(T is the day of transaction).

Similarly, when you are the buyer, if you buy 100 TATAPOWER shares, the you will see those in "Receivable".

Yes, you can sell the stock the same day without taking the delivery. You can also see the next day without taking the delivery - something called as Buy Today Sell Tomorrow or BTST. BTST has some risks associated with it. You can ask your broker for details and risks involved in BTST.

obligation was an option in trade type ... the options in trade type were :
- intraday
- del
- obligation

what i want 2 know is that if i choose the obligation option while buying a stock...can i sell it off before t+2 days ?

bunny

Hi Aditya,

I think obligation option is for selling from DP balance. So if this is true, then this should be applicable only on sell entries, and you will have to deliver the shares if so.

Better you get it confirmed from your broker.

thnx man ... i think u r rite ...
the thing is that my broker doesn't listen to me ... probably bcoz i m a small client ... so i was searching the net for answers ...
newayz thnx again ... i will try 2 talk the fking broker ...

deneb

Hai If you are a customer of sbicapsec. Their obligation simply means that stocks which you buy today can be sold tomorrow under the obligation option. It is the same thing as buy today sell tomorrow. Everything you buy today on delivery(almost every stock except some very illiquid stock)will automatically appear on obligation the next day. You can sell the shares under obligation but you will be paying delivery charges. By the way you were speaking about your broker if it is sbicapsec they are not explaining it to you properly because most of them are new to this field and dont know much about the process.

http://www.sbicapsec.com/Trading/faqs.html

If you are not a customer of sbicapsec please ignore this post completely.

Regards,

murthymsr

hi everyone...!!!
i m a newbie...i have 2 questions
1. what does 'obligation' in the 'trading account' option mean ?
I use CanMoney with TradeAnyWhere.

In CanMoney, under the tab 'Obligation' the stocks purchased in the previous day are shown. These can be sold on the second day (obligation day) under 'BINSOT (Buy In today, sell out tomorrow)'.

As I understand, obligation is a SELL option, not a BUY option. While buying, one need not specify that he intends to sell the stock the next day. Stocks bought today will be available under the 'Obligation' list for selling on the second day, if one chooses to do so.

2. if i buy a stock today as delivery...can i sell it off the same day(or square it off).... ?

the problem i m facing is suppose i bought stock ABC today and it has 5% capital gain the same day...can i sell it off the same day ?
Again, in CanMoney, there is a facility to modify the order type from delivery to IntraDay (or vice versa) before 14:45 hrs.

As Different brokers/software use different nomenclature , your questions can be best answered by members using the same broker/software. If you specify your broker/software, you are likely to get a more accurate responses.

murthymsr

@deneb: thnx a lot fr the reply man .. i m an sbicapsec cutomer ... and i think u r rite ... they seem to be starting their new co. ssl ... so they r not that experienced ...

newayz i talked to the broker .. and 1 guy at their office helped me out finally ... thnx 2 him .. i know a little more abt stocks trading now ....

Hello all,
I am new in intraday and would like to buy-sell cash intraday. which are the shares which i should concentrate in intraday. i dont want to go for future and options. please advise.
i have a intraday margin of 160000 rs to purchase every day. pls let me know, which shares should i focus on

deneb

First and most important advice never leverage to the fullest in any trade when you are starting out. Use money which you can lose and still afford to trade.If you are beginning to trade just trade in delivery that to in small amounts. Then only go into intraday trades. Never Short sell stocks which have circuit limits ie stocks outside of F&O. Otherwise you will be in big trouble if you go to auction. Remember start small in delivery then go in to intraday. Just because you have 160000 as leverage dont use it to fullest when you start out trading because you can loose your entire capital if something terrible happens. Stay safe

Regards,