A few basic questions from a newbie.

Hello everyone. I am an undergraduate student in business studies with very limited knowledge in trading. I had a few questions and I was hoping to get some wise answers from the community here. So, here goes..

1) What would be some good books for getting to know the very basics of trading from an Indian perspective? 'Indian' perspective because I have come across some good books from foreign authors but they are hard to relate to because the market conditions in India are quite different.

2) Which is best online trading platform in your opinion? I am not just concerned about the fees but also other things such as ease-of-use and analytical tools that these platforms provide.

3) Since I am starting off as an amateur trader (hobbyist, sort of), how much capital should I start off with?

Thank you for your input! :)

Hi,

1. The best newbie book available in the market (according to me atleast) is 'Investing the Happinaire Way' by Yogesh Chabria.
His representation of market functioning is amazing.

2. I started trading with HDFC securties. They didn't really have any platform. They had a web version which was nothing great (although it was simple to use).
But later I shifted to Sharekhan. They have a wonderful trading terminal called TradeTiger.

3. I guess you should start with any amount that you are willing to risk for your education as a trader. Depends on you.
The way I looked at my initial investment was how much was I willing to pay to learn about trading? Because noone can expect to start churning spectacular returns right from word go in the markets

Hope this helped! Cheers

Hi,

1. The best newbie book available in the market (according to me atleast) is 'Investing the Happinaire Way' by Yogesh Chabria.
His representation of market functioning is amazing.

2. I started trading with HDFC securties. They didn't really have any platform. They had a web version which was nothing great (although it was simple to use).
But later I shifted to Sharekhan. They have a wonderful trading terminal called TradeTiger.

3. I guess you should start with any amount that you are willing to risk for your education as a trader. Depends on you.
The way I looked at my initial investment was how much was I willing to pay to learn about trading? Because noone can expect to start churning spectacular returns right from word go in the markets

Hope this helped! Cheers
It was very informative for me as a newbie.:clap:
I was looking for some good platform other than Cyan Investment Fund to invest my initial money but as usual do not want to take higher risks.Anyways i will search about Trade Tiger(seems like a good suggestion):thumb:

yachusai

dear brothers ,
i am new to trading and i want to draw a trend lines for a specific stock so pls give suggestion which software i use .

bunti_k23

dear brothers ,
i am new to trading and i want to draw a trend lines for a specific stock so pls give suggestion which software i use .
any software will serve the purpose, e.g amibroker ,chartnexus(eod only) and all other :thumb:

yachusai

i need help i try to a draw trend lines pls tell me which software is freely available and how to draw trend lines in it and one more thing how to i get a intraday price details and how can i upload that in charting software

bunti_k23

i need help i try to a draw trend lines pls tell me which software is freely available and how to draw trend lines in it and one more thing how to i get a intraday price details and how can i upload that in charting software

download amibroker trial ver. u will get all the tools along with trendline studies and also intraday data to study:thumb: and also download chartnexus it is a free eod sw with 3 yrs of free eod data gud to start with basics.

yachusai

Dear Bunti
thanks for your details , i have 1 question in that ambi broker tool may i get live data's in candlestick pattern , may i use intraday 60 min chart for intraday trading . thank you